The Extinction Rebellion 'Soldier' Donald Bell

First of all, hello from a new user.

Like many people, I was shocked and disgusted at the recent Extinction Rebellion 'stunt' at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday by a certain 'Donald Bell', but having seen a recent YouTube video posted by Reverend Simon Sideways I am further sickened by the fact that he is also a drug dealer who forced his disabled wife to sell drugs for him:

It is also possible that he is a Walt - nobody in his alleged regiment has heard of him and there is no record of him being injured in Operation Banner. He is alleged to have done four tours of Northern Ireland, but it is strange that a now 64 year old man cannot even salute properly.

Apologies if this topic has already been posted!

ACAB

LE
He's a Walt of the first order.

He has an open Facebook page and never once does he remark on his military service. Though there are some interesting photos of him dressed in pink......................

Oh, and a Royal Anglian says no one has ever heard of him....................

Make of that what you will.

The incident in which he claims to have been injured certainly happened - just outside Stewartstown on 7 November 1974. Two men were killed and six wounded, as well as two civilians working for the electricity board.

The Royal Anglian journal for Jan 1975 ('The Castle') contains references to a Corporal Bell and a photograph of a Pte Bell. Both are referred to as 'Dinger' rather than a first name. I would post the photo of Pte Bell so that attempts at a comparison between him and the XR chap might be made, but the photo includes a chap whose nickname is now regarded as just a teensy bit racist, so to to avoid dropping the COs in bother for it being in a copied photo -here's the link - you want the top of page 58 [pdf]/36 [journal pagination].

Last edited:
First of all, hello from a new user.

Like many people, I was shocked and disgusted at the recent Extinction Rebellion 'stunt' at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday by a certain 'Donald Bell', but having seen a recent YouTube video posted by Reverend Simon Sideways I am further sickened by the fact that he is also a drug dealer who forced his disabled wife to sell drugs for him:

It is also possible that he is a Walt - nobody in his alleged regiment has heard of him and there is no record of him being injured in Operation Banner. He is alleged to have done four tours of Northern Ireland, but it is strange that a now 64 year old man cannot even salute properly.

Apologies if this topic has already been posted!
Maybe he was an officer?

I'm betting Reverend Simon Sideways is also a walt! I've searched through the UK database of convicted sex offenders and they've no record of him. How can a man of God whose organisation preaches "No child's behind is left" not be on the sex offenders register ?

The incident in which he claims to have been injured certainly happened - just outside Stewartstown on 7 November 1974. Two men were killed and six wounded, as well as two civilians working for the electricity board.

The Royal Anglian journal for Jan 1975 ('The Castle') contains references to a Corporal Bell and a photograph of a Pte Bell. Both are referred to as 'Dinger' rather than a first name. I would post the photo of Pte Bell so that attempts at a comparison between him and the XR chap might be made, but the photo includes a chap whose nickname is now regarded as just a teensy bit racist, so to to avoid dropping the COs in bother for it being in a copied photo -here's the link - you want the top of page 58 [pdf]/36 [journal pagination].
What's interesting is that I may have seen a 'video' of that picture on YouTube. The unfortunately named moustached individual is stood next to the lurch like individual as they are briefed (I assume) for a little walk on the slabs.

IIRC there is a youtube by 3 Royal Anglian, the Pompadours in NI pre their disbandment, so maybe the footage has been reused from there.

edit. For ease of finding, it's around the 2'45" mark.

Last edited:
What's interesting is that I may have seen a 'video' of that picture on YouTube. The unfortunately named moustached individual is stood next to the lurch like individual as they are briefed (I assume) for a little walk on the slabs.

IIRC there is a youtube by 3 Royal Anglian, the Pompadours in NI pre their disbandment, so maybe the footage has been reused from there.

edit. For ease of finding, it's around the 2'45" mark.
The Pompadours in NI was from the 86/87 tour. We were with them at Whiterock.
This fella claims he was injured on the 74 tour, and was a teacher in the 80s, so unless he had some kind of Back to the Future thing going on I'd say he's being economical with the facts.

Last edited:
This fella claims he was injured on the 74 tour, and was a teacher in the 80s, so unless he had some kind of Back to the Future thing going on I'd say he's being economical with the facts.

'ang on. Let me get this straight.

1974: Suffered 'serious facial injuries' (News paper report on the bomb states the injured solider suffered so) in the bomb blast aged 18. Three tours of NI then followed, in six years. How many times were his regiment sent over?
In the same time he had qualified to become a teacher in 1980?

1974: Suffered 'serious facial injuries' (News paper report on the bomb states the injured solider suffered so) in the bomb blast aged 18. Three tours of NI then followed, in six years. How many times were his regiment sent over?
Apologies, I'm getting him confused with another walt who claimed to be in the army at the same time that he was also a teacher. Sorry, different walt.
No, what I mean is that he couldn't have been on the Pompadours 86/87 tour, as he claims he was out by then.
There was a Dinger Bell in our unit, but it definitely wasn't this fella.

Mattb

LE
Never mind that, there's no way the bloke in the video was born early to mid 1950s.

Bell says that he was injured in an incident where two soldiers were killed. The only one from the CAIN/Sutton Index which seems to fit the bill is the Stewartstown incident. Six soldiers were also injured; we know from the R ANGLIAN journal 1975 that 1st Battalion was there. We know there was a Pte Bell in the Vigilant platoon; we also know that there was a Cpl Bell who, by the looks of The Castle from 1974 and 1975, was a decent regimental sportsman.

It is, therefore, entirely possible from what we know that 'XR' Bell was in NI in 1974 and one of those injured in the Stewartstown bombing.

I've not bothered to go through The Castle (they're all online), or to find the source I vaguely recall seeing online which told you the dates of deployments of all regiments to see the frequency of R ANGLIAN deployments on BANNER. I imagine anyone wishing to see if he's a true walt could do that correlation and see whether three tours were possible (I suspect they would've been). Indeed, XR Bell might well appear in The Castle for 1976 or beyond. It does seem perhaps a little strange that there was no mention of the injuries in the journal at all, but... the MOD responded to an FOI request a short while ago where it named all of those who had died in Northern Ireland from all causes and unless they forgot about him, the R ANGLIAN who died in November 1974 ('other causes') didn't seem to be mentioned either, so it may have been policy (editorial or otherwise) not to refer to these events close to their occurrence.

I'd respectfully suggest that if asking whether Donald XR Bell is a walting ****, the jury may have returned a verdict on the **** bit, but the walting is currently unproven without further research.

Never mind that, there's no way the bloke in the video was born early to mid 1950s.
Apparently he was in the army but never made it through basic.
He's claiming he was involved in a contact in NI that did happen, but he most definitely wasn't there.

Here we go. The offensive term in question is not searchable so should not excite the mods.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 13.50.55.png

Daz

LE
He's gen, he's been vouched for on Facebook

bell1.jpg

I'm betting Reverend Simon Sideways is also a walt! I've searched through the UK database of convicted sex offenders and they've no record of him. How can a man of God whose organisation preaches "No child's behind is left" not be on the sex offenders register ?

i see what you mean however he is not a real reverend. He's a trucker driver so probably more into murdering hookers.

Bu seriously, he's actually a decent bloke, i've met him a few times and some of the things he has done for the good of others would put 95% of us to shame.

I'll have you know that not all truckers murder hookers.
Some of us have to find time to murder illegal immigrants too.

British Army veteran Donald Bell, 64, and mother-of-two Anne White, 53, were blasted for staging to protest before the national service of remembrance.

Latest Threads