The Expendables

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Miner, Jul 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone else heard of this little gem that's being made?

Written, directed, & starring Sly Stallone.
    It's about mercenaries going into a South American country to overthrow the government.
    It also stars Jet Li, Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Steve Austin, & Randy Couture. With a cameo from the Governator himself, Arnold Schwartzenegger.

Now I can't imagine it winning an oscar for Best Film, or for being any good at all (it will be no Dogs of War). But I'm actually excited about this film. With the cast it's got, I can only imagine it's going to be like all the 80's & early 90's action films rolled into one. It's going to be crap, but enjoyable crap. Lots of gunfire, explosions & dead bodies.

I can't wait. :D

2. Welcome to the Jungle is a great film. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheese, layered with cheese, topped with cheese & a side order of cheese.

There's going to be soooo much testosterone on screen with the Expedables, your cinema ticket is going to have to come with it's own 'nad sack.

3. Fantastic. I bet whilst watching it, you'll actually feel the hairs sprouting out of your chest and pushing their way through your shirt! :D

4. It does sound like it`ll be a good old `80s style shoot `em up :)
    The Expendables

5. The Expendables: it's not for girls. :D 8)

So much testosterone on screen(and in the syringes Stallone uses :wink: )you will improve your bench press just by watching this movie!

6. Chrisima was the hottest girl on BTVS - until Eliza D. joined the show! :D

7. Correct there Werewolf.

But Charisma always reminded me of an ex-girlfriend of mine, nuttier than squirrel shit though. The ex, not Charisma. Never met her, mores the pity.

8. Miner, even though your ex was a Bunny Boiler - is she looked like Charisma I STILL envy you! :lol:

9. Sounds great I like Sly, there's bound to be a scene where they're all shirtless, sweaty or oiled, doing some sort of manly work or having a massive brawl/bonding etc. Who can forget Arnie & Carl Weathers in Predator, setting up the net trap thingy, all shiney and ripped! lol
    ps. I'm not gay!

Attached Files:

10. Err...by the time Arnold set up the "net trap thingy", Weathers was already dead; arm lasered off and spine ripped out! 8O

The pic you posted is from when they first meet and have a(standing)arm-wrestling contest. Which das Governator wins, of course. 8)

You can't out-Geek me, boy. Don't even try. :D

11. Oh come now, that bit is even gayer than the beach volleyball bit in Top Gun! Gayer than the gayest gay that ever gayed! Can I say that?

Mind you, I did like the minigun/patrol fire power demo., which makes me straighter than...etc.

12. After the last Rambo movie (throughly enjoyable I say) it's good to see 80's/90's style balls out action movies coming back, after the Bourne movies excellent as they are, we need ,pithy one liners, over the top action, muscle bound men (oh matron) killing bad guys in over the top ways......

BTW Quentin Tarantinos new one "Inglorious Basterds " (spelling correct) about yanks killing nazis should be good, check out the trailer, it's not a typical WWII movie.

13. Don't disrespect Predator..... :evil:

14. I wouldn't dare- I can still hear the squelching noise as it ripped out one of its victims' spinal columns! EEEEEWWWW!