The Evil Bush and wounded warriors

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, May 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I disagreed with much of what GWB did while president (Patriot Act, Dept of Homeland Security, the first bail out etc.) but I respect him for his care about the troops unlike our current Master. image.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  2. It is important to remember that Bush43 does not really want publicity for this kind of things. When he was POTUS he made many many evening trips to Walter Reed Hospital and Bethesda Medical Center to visit the wounded and did it secretly and insisted on no media coverage. As it happens a friend of mine made many similar visits and used to be surprised how often he would run into Bush43 in the hospital.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. In case anyone is curious about the young lady dancing with President Bush; she is 1LT Melissa Stockwell USA (retired). The picture is from an event after both she and President Bush participated in a 100K bike ride to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. She sounds like an amazing young woman.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Hmm, perhaps if GWB hadn't used spurious intel to start the Iraq war then he wouldn't have had to make so many visits to Wounded Warriors.
    • Like Like x 12
  5. At least Bush has some decency. Can't see Blair doing anything for the men and women he sent to war for nothing who got f*cked up. Bush is still a complete f*ckwit though.
    • Like Like x 9
  6. President Bush is directly responsible for the global economic crisis and the a massive recruitment drive for terrorists by causing terror in his own right (illegal wars, torture, use of chemical weapons, arrests without trial etc). As a result he is not only responsible for a widening gap between rich and poor, but also the death and injury of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people.

Of course it wasn't JUST him, but he is the figurehead of it.

His presidency is the biggest catastrophe of the 21st century.

The fact that he dances with amputees who are amputated as a result of his policies doesn't really make up for it. It almost makes a mockery of the whole thing.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I see it as humane as a good leader that had to exercise polices that put soldiers in combat, looking after those that he put in harms way, after his time in office quite admiral.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. It's the least he could do, but at least he does. Tony Blair however seems not to be bothered, probably because he's far too important.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I didn't think he was the kind of guy who would do this sort of thing. More than what BLiar has done for us.

i didn't know GWB used chemical weapons. Where about?
  10. Including spurious British, German and other nations' intel.
    • Like Like x 2

11. I think the better question is where is the proof?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Points to you for seeing the point of the OP unlike some other posters who throw opinions and allegations around as facts.
    • Like Like x 4
  13. No fan of Bush but equally have no time for the haters either, but at least he's trying to do something which is more than can be said for our bag o'shite or Clinton for that matter.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Weak, very weak, If you hate Bush for that you better add Clinton and Barry to your shit list
    • Like Like x 2