The evening post Leeds

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by desmond, Feb 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hospital staff are not amused because they have to work on the day of the royal wedding.ffs shall we give all the armed and unarmed forces the day off.The fire service.the police the ambulance service all the the teeth in sandpits and so on and so forth.the day off. Page seven of the Leeds evening post. What is going on.
  2. when I worked for my local council we had this thing called annual leave, it was wierd if you wanted a day off work to do something when you should've bene in work you booked in a little in advance and you got payed for the day off

3. theres a royal wedding??? Jennixx
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I'm not getting a day off for the royal wedding either, how wrong is that?

Mind you, I am retired :)
  5. Neither am I, bit I'm getting double time for it ^^
  6. don't you have homework
  7. As its been deemed a bank holiday by the government why the hell are they moaning--double time ffs
  8. Hospital staff on double time, don't think so.
  9. What are they gripeing about? Working a buckshee bank holiday cos a couple off inbreds are tying the knot?
    Big fucking deal, get over it, other people have to work as well you know.
  10. Oh I dont know my current G/F is a district nurse was on call last weekend got O/T both days and got Thurs/Fri off were do I sign up for those T&C's
  11. AFC: isn't it time and 1/3 and TOIL?
  12. Well to all those moaning cunts

Find a job that does give you this new bank holiday off then .
  13. There's me thinking this would be about the Evening Post. I fine Latrine Arse-wipe if ever there was one.

Let's be clear on this. It's totally unreasonable of anyone who becomes ill, or has any kind of accident requiring medical attention on a Bank Holiday.

They wouldn't repeat that mistake if I were running the country.

Spare the rod, spoil the patient!
  14. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

which hospital staff is this ? did the paper mention names etc were they interviewed ? sounds like a slow news day , lets see if we can get the ole farts writing in and buying tomorrows paper .

I deduce that hospital staff know that if they have not booked a days hols then they wont be off for the wedding , how many of them were actually invited to the wedding so need the day off? bread and circuses . bah humbug .
  15. Who says you'll make it?