The EU in desperation - whither the Borg - The EU elections

I'm looking forward to see how the commissars sorry commissioners will stop this happening snip "A proposed draft would forbid "double voting" and voting in third countries, thus improving the visibility of European political parties
To avoid double voting, contact authorities would be established to exchange data on voters. This process would have to start at least six weeks before the EP election
."
We can't seem to stop it in the UK elections especially in certain "enriched" areas.
Methinks the forementiomed commissioners are not only worried by the vagaries of elections but more likely blaming all their woes on perfidious Albion for threatening their lucrative sinecures.
Thanks, that's actually one of the most relevant contributions to the thread yet. My money on Juncker's replacement has always been either Timmermans or Verhofstadt. Both are rabid Federalists and both wholly anti-UK. Either one of them can be guaranteed to drive the un-mandated policy of closer integration via fiscal, political and regulatory means. If I'm right the push for "more Europe" would lead to the whole enterprise sinking quicker than an Argentine cruiser trying to cross the Burwood Bank.

And if they push their "degressive proportionality" programme, giving disproportionate power to the smaller nations, how will that effect the GER and FRA voters? I can't imagine they'll roll over as quickly as the Belgrano.

Verhofstadt has been on Twitter about International Woman’s day and how woman should aim for the top. Till it was pointed out the EU has had no woman leaders, very few senior female appointments, just country appointed commissioners.

It went all very quiet, he really is a cock. As for him being around next time, not so sure his party only received something like 23% last time, but due to PR and horse trading he some how managed to wiggle in to his existing position, he may be gone.

You've got a wee bit of thread incontinence and are making things up again. Forget where you where? If you insist:
View attachment 381274

Why, if you wish to make a point with graphs, do you provide them showing information which is skewed? In the examples, they each provide an axis which ranges from either 1.2 to 2.8, or 1.2 to 2.2. Start each axis at zero, and the graphs look significantly different.

The information contained within the graphs may well support your argument, so why distort them and undermine your credibility?

Verhofstadt has been on Twitter about International Woman’s day and how woman should aim for the top. Till it was pointed out the EU has had no woman leaders, very few senior female appointments, just country appointed commissioners.

It went all very quiet, he really is a cock. As for him being around next time, not so sure his party only received something like 23% last time, but due to PR and horse trading he some how managed to wiggle in to his existing position, he may be gone.
They won't lose him. He's too much of a good egg.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Here is an interesting take on how the EU needs to go forward. I think the author will be getting an early morning knock at the door and off to an EU re-education camp soon!

Europe must abandon these foolish Brussels treaties | Jean-Luc Mélenchon

He is reiterating, but not actually encroaching on, the very arguments that the UK has been putting forward for some time, IMHO.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If Frau Merkel does get a post in the EU after, what might it be and how might she affect the EU's policy, direction and impact on the citizens of Europe?
View attachment 388809
Merkel 'highly qualified' for EU post: Juncker | DW | 20.04.2019
If she did get the top job then the EU would have a competent politician in place. Coupled with her placeman Martyn Selmayr they would make a formidable team.

However, I can't see that sitting well with the other countries - Germany ruling the EU. France, Italy and the Scandinavian countries would be very uncomfortable with that scenario.

Here is an interesting take on how the EU needs to go forward. I think the author will be getting an early morning knock at the door and off to an EU re-education camp soon!

Europe must abandon these foolish Brussels treaties | Jean-Luc Mélenchon

He is reiterating, but not actually encroaching on, the very arguments that the UK has been putting forward for some time, IMHO.
Ah the underlying unspoken connection between Moscow and Paris that has existed since the time of Peter and Kathrine the great. Underestimate Moscow at their peril.

If she did get the top job then the EU would have a competent politician in place. Coupled with her placeman Martyn Selmayr they would make a formidable team.

However, I can't see that sitting well with the other countries - Germany ruling the EU. France, Italy and the Scandinavian countries would be very uncomfortable with that scenario.
Why would they be uncomfortable? They are all Europeans, surely? Hang on, have I just exposed everything that is wrong with the EU currently?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

If Frau Merkel does get a post in the EU after, what might it be and how might she affect the EU's policy, direction and impact on the citizens of Europe?
View attachment 388809
Merkel 'highly qualified' for EU post: Juncker | DW | 20.04.2019
The mere fact that JC Juncker thinks that she would do well in Brussels is reason enough to doubt that she'd make it. Apart from which the general opinion in Germany is that post 2021 Merkel will quietly dissappear into the sh1thole small town whence she came.

The mere fact that JC Juncker thinks that she would do well in Brussels is reason enough to doubt that she'd make it. Apart from which the general opinion in Germany is that post 2021 Merkel will quietly dissappear into the sh1thole small town whence she came.
Hamburg is a rather big place.