The EU in Chaos!

Bravo Bravo! Read your bloody history there's a good boy! ! We have never won a war without the TA, most essential in Both World Wars, and even their predecessors the Militia at Waterloo and the Crimea, just to mention a few of our past struggles! !
Not a single war was won with the TA prior to 1907.

Read your bloody history, indeed.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The one in the middle draws 29.000 Euros per month! You can get that sort of money if you are in some sort of Government that sets their own wage rate behind closed doors!
With due regard to your blood pressure, it's also tax-free.

philc

LE
As I understand it, not all the Commissioners have been approved and not everyone is happy with the new Head Shed, the German woman. In the good old days everyone fell into line as the top countries divide up the roles, seems this is no longer the case.

And quite right too. Who in their right mind would want these clearly superior luminaries just rewards being pilfered to pay for divisive nationalist things like schools and hospitals.

Thank goodness they don't have travel perks and other allowances on top. God forbid that they have special shops with reduced prices on site. We all missed a bullet there.

offog

LE

I see you are splitting hair.

The Volunteer Force was a citizen army of part-time rifle, artillery and engineer corps, created as a popular movement throughout the British Empire in 1859. Originally highly autonomous, the units of volunteers became increasingly integrated with the British Army after the Childers Reforms in 1881, before forming part of the Territorial Force in 1908. Most of the regiments of the present Territorial Army Infantry, Artillery, Engineers and Signals units are directly descended from Volunteer Force units.

Says the whinging ginger bore who left the TAs as a Corporal >40 years ago.

Ha ha.
I thought he was Regular REME?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I have, and the Territorial Army was created in Oct 1921!! Territorial Force prior to that from 1 Apr 1908 - attention to detail is important!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads