Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Equiano Project

Yokel

LE
The Equiano Project - About

The Equiano Project seeks to facilitate conversations about and promote the values of freedom, humanism and universalism.

We believe that societal progress can only happen when freedom of speech, open discussion and the pursuit of truth are at its heart.

• We reject the conflict-driven approach of addressing race-relations and we challenge the notion that racism alone is the cause of all racial disparities.
  • We oppose racism, reject racial essentialism, challenge identity politics and critique the notion of race itself.
  • We argue that people must take responsibility for their lives, families and communities and lead the way to a better future.
  • We accept that there are no ‘easy answers’ and so, we seek to delve deep into issues to find nuanced and meaningful solutions to complex social ills.
I have been deeply impressed by Inaya Folarin Iman - and have signed up.

Yokel

LE
How is signing up to receive news e-mails from a campaign group that opposes identity politics and advocates free speech meant to be the same as joking a cult? I signed up to receive news from Laurence Fox's embryonic political party at the same time. Is that a cult too?

Did you look at the link?

The Equiano Project - About

The Equiano Project seeks to facilitate conversations about and promote the values of freedom, humanism and universalism.

We believe that societal progress can only happen when freedom of speech, open discussion and the pursuit of truth are at its heart.

• We reject the conflict-driven approach of addressing race-relations and we challenge the notion that racism alone is the cause of all racial disparities.
  • We oppose racism, reject racial essentialism, challenge identity politics and critique the notion of race itself.
  • We argue that people must take responsibility for their lives, families and communities and lead the way to a better future.
  • We accept that there are no ‘easy answers’ and so, we seek to delve deep into issues to find nuanced and meaningful solutions to complex social ills.
I have been deeply impressed by Inaya Folarin Iman - and have signed up.

It looks good. Will be interesting to see how it develops in the face of the current political and social tropes on the issue. Anything that encourages/facilitates dialogue and questioning is useful.

Last edited:

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
racist.jpg

How is signing up to receive news e-mails from a campaign group that opposes identity politics and advocates free speech meant to be the same as joking a cult? I signed up to receive news from Laurence Fox's embryonic political party at the same time. Is that a cult too?

Did you look at the link?
You are absolutely right. Please forgive my naivety. Now be a good follower and drink your Kool-Aid

Yokel

LE
I would imagine that being a ' writer, commentator and campaigner ' doesn't pay all of the bills

You lot are so cynical. Running any sort of campaign group cost money. As for the founder - I have no idea what the going rate is for writing articles for national newspapers.

There are videos on YouTube were she dismantled the philosophy of identity politics and speaks of the need for a sense of national identity. I would have thought that anyone concerned about the decline of the West would be 100% behind her.

“Then She puts the lotion in the basket, or She gets the hose again”

Yokel

LE
I still do not understand why an organisation that advocates things like free speech, and provides a platform for anti Woke articles, can be described as a cult.

Here is a video of the beautiful and intelligent founder of the project being interviewed by Peter Whittle from the New Culture Forum. She talks huge sense, rejecting the victimhood culture and things like identity politics and intersectionality,

She talks of things like personal responsibility and agency - and is a voice of sanity.

Last edited:

Yokel

LE
Here she is again. You have to love her clarity of thought and intellect, and her determination to stand up against identity politics, and her mention of personal responsibility.

Incidentally, if you sign up to her site you get weekly updates with well written articles. I love the idea of her being involved in fending off those who wish society harm.

Her going head to head with Owen Jones would be compelling viewing.

Last edited:

Biggish

Swinger
The only thing i’m Interested in that ends in an ‘ism’ begins with a ‘J’

That’s my policy, and I stand by it.

Here she is again. You have to love her clarity of thought and intellect, and her determination to stand up against identity politics, and her mention of personal responsibility.

Incidentally, if you sign up to her site you get weekly updates with well written articles. I love the idea of her being involved in fending off those who wish society harm.

Her going head to head with Owen Jones would be compelling viewing.

has she done an ‘empowering’ nude photo shoot yet?

Latest Threads