The end of the world is nigh!

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gK1WBupNG3jiZ5A1lVE8xTb_i2Fg

He also scoffed at fears that the massive experiment could create a black hole with potentially devastating consequences for life on Earth.

"The system is totally safe. There is nothing to fear," he said.
So as it seems that we all might be swept into a black hole at the end of the month what are the panels plans for the end of the world party?

Just going to get blind drunk and miss all the fun (as normal) or have something more ambitious in mind?

If it does, we won't know anything about it so who cares?

in_the_cheapseats said:
Yes but now because of the power of the almighty arrse you DO know about it so you can plan the (very short) rest of your life.

If we are going into a black hole then I'm going to charge up the batteries in the camera, I dont' want the flash giving out before I get some good momento shots to show future generations.... oh bugger....

I suppose BBR doesn't have to commit suicide then

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
"Aaaaaand.... always look on the briiiiiiight side of life..."

I'm going to kill lorraine Kelly. Smug, self satisfied chubby jockslag.

That's got nothing to do with this thread, I just hate her.

arby said:
I'm going to kill lorraine Kelly. Smug, self satisfied chubby jockslag.

That's got nothing to do with this thread, I just hate her.
Lets put her in the Atom Smashing chamber and see if we can send her to another dimension!

Failing that, the superheated Atom Smashing process will vaporize her!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Why do people have to keep messing about?

:roll:

I've just been offered 350/1 at Ladbrokes on the end of the world.
I've put next months mortgage on it.
You lot are going to be laughing on the other side of your face when I go to pick up my winnings....er....after the world....er has ...ended.....er......FCUK, FCUK, FCUK

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
If you hear a fzzzzzzzzz, pltsscchhhhhhhh, POP, fazoooooooom, you'll know that the time as indeed er, come to a grinding halt.

"The system is totally safe. There is nothing to fear," he said.

Why does this statement worry me?

So it's off to church to get in a quick burst of repentance just to be on the safe side then.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not to the convent school sixth-form?

Steven said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Yes but now because of the power of the almighty arrse you DO know about it so you can plan the (very short) rest of your life.
Bugger religion. Mine's a large one and keep them coming :D

Mr_Deputy said:
this is borrocks - I carried out exactly the same experiment just now - here they have used millions of euros of kit. the only difference is I used an apple, a mug and quite alot of brandy. nothing happened the world is still the same.
You've been defrauded by whoever sold you the brandy.

So that's what that fcuking thing is in my shed. The bloke who lived here before me left it behind under an old blanket ... think I might be tempted to plug it in ... quite partial to a bit of the old black hole :p

Galileo, Can you leave room in atomiser smashy thingy for Davina McCall? I really hate that talentless useless b*tch.

SCIENTISTS are trying to stop the most powerful experiment ever – saying the black holes it will create could destroy the world.

Dubbed by some the Doomsday test, it will be carried out next week in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), located 300ft underground near the French-Swiss border.

The machine is 17 miles long and cost £4.4billion to create.

When its switch is pulled on September 10, this atom-smasher will become a virtual time machine, revealing what happened when the universe came into existence 14 billion years ago.

New particles of matter are expected to be discovered, new dimensions found beyond the four known, as scientists re-create conditions in the first BILLIONTHS of a second after the Big Bang.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article1630897.ece