The end of the beginning or the beginning of the end...

For the TA.

Having seen well recruited units sh*t-canned at 4 hours notice (substantially less than the R6 / R7 that they were told to deploy at), what hope for the rest of the TA?

This is the Sign of the Times.

msr

Well if it ceases to be Territorial and "an army" then it will be the end.
Looks like a formalisation of the current role of providing augmentation to undermanned regular units.

Dry your tears ladies and get a new hobby. Otherwise crack on with what ever is left!

BW

Been there before. My CO walked in the the TAC and said the battalion is disbanding and this TAC is closing. The Bn did disband, the TAC and everyone who wanted to stay in was rebadged by the pie and ears mob.

If you want to stay in there will be an option. You might not be able to sit in a Bedford watching telly or sleeping on a camp bed all weekend, you may have to run about with kit on your back getting wet and dirty but there you go. Its voluntary after all, if you don't like it hand your kit in and go fishing!

BW

Personally, I will, but what about the stripeys and such? How are they going to feel about dropping rank and re trading to Inf/Eng ect. Also what about the civvys who work there and the people on FTRS? Jobless I take it.

Chump! said:
Personally, I will, but what about the stripeys and such? How are they going to feel about dropping rank and re trading to Inf/Eng ect. Also what about the civvys who work there and the people on FTRS? Jobless I take it.
Happens everyday in the real world.

What did you expect with this government, the whole army is on a warning order

Chump! said:
Interesting point there. What's the law about enforced redundancies? Consulation peroids? Or has HM Government screwed the pooch on this one? Which I'm fairly sure they have. Shit canning TA is one thing, binning Civi staff without warning is another

If I was a said Civi and found out that my job had disppeared like this I'd be sorely tempted to either a)Check with an employment lawyer or B) scream blue murder at my uninon rep

It was for ever thus!! Over my time (29 Years) The TA has been cut back, reshaped, units re-roled etc. It will always happen lets hope that this time it will be for the good. Some how I don't see it myself.

Kitmarlowe said:
Chump! said:
Interesting point there. What's the law about enforced redundancies? Consulation peroids? Or has HM Government screwed the pooch on this one? Which I'm fairly sure they have. s*** canning TA is one thing, binning Civi staff without warning is another

If I was a said Civi and found out that my job had disppeared like this I'd be sorely tempted to either a)Check with an employment lawyer or B) scream blue murder at my uninon rep
Don't make me laugh... we're casual labour, and are seen as such. As for getting another hobby - i just joined the local cricket club.

You bunch of drama queens. I'm not going to get excited until I see the implementation plan.

TopBadger said:
Kitmarlowe said:
Chump! said:
Interesting point there. What's the law about enforced redundancies? Consulation peroids? Or has HM Government screwed the pooch on this one? Which I'm fairly sure they have. s*** canning TA is one thing, binning Civi staff without warning is another

Don't make me laugh... we're casual labour, and are seen as such. As for getting another hobby - i just joined the local cricket club.
No, not use, the TA casuals. I'm refering to the Civi caretaker, the civi storeman, the civi Fitter. Those staff...

Oh you're all such pessimists, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. Or I suppose its a fat one-eyed scotsman in this case. The MoD rely on TA volunteers to bolster their numbers in Afghan/Iraq, they wouldnt dare get rid of us! Especially now they are promoting all this 'One Army' b0llocks.

StabTiffy2B said:
You bunch of drama queens. I'm not going to get excited until I see the implementation plan.
A plan you say :?

This bunch of chimps in power will not be happy until they have destroyed everything before they are booted out of office, so they can spend the next few years blaming the Tories for the state of the country. :x

String the cnuts up now.

Kitmarlowe said:
NRPS is probably totally different, but the number of Civis concerned will be pretty small when compared with companies going t1ts up in real life. Three month employment consultation periods only kick in if it affects 90 or more people, so in effect the Army will most likely only need to give them standard notice periods.