"The end of Europes independence"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, May 15, 2009.

1. No

2. Yes it could be a Russian protectorate

3. Yes it could be (or is) an American protectorate

4. Yes it could be a Chinese protectorate

0 vote(s)
  5. Yes it could be under Muslim protectorate

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/05/the_end_of_europes_independenc_1.html

So now Europe is anti-American. It is funny.

Around the World? Where exactly? Namely our American friends try to unleash wars around the World and they think that others have the same mentality.

Do you think that Europe could lose its independence in the near future?
  2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

At the risk of being anti-American it just shows how ignorant the writer is about Europe. Its 25+ countries, with their own policies and outlook, not one entity. The author talks about control of fossil fuel supplies giving Russia leverage. Yes, in the short term. But efforts to use it politically will back fire on Russia as states turn to other sources of supply. They need us to buy their gas as much as we need to buy it.
  3. Actually Sergey, the writer's a nerdy Polish nobody:

I wouldn't base your assumptions about "our American friends"' foriegn policy on Toryboyski here.
  4. In fact, he's an analyst walt:

Tell the people of Russia they can sleep soundly in their beds.
  5. I've read some rubbish in my time-but bl00dy h3ll! An enthusiastic child who wants to gain more experience of the world outside Tom Clancy novels probably...
  6. This has already been done in the 'Georgia' thread a couple of weeks back.

For additional laughs, read the walting Pole's words in the comments section...
  7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

What the hell has he been smoking? What a load of tripe.
    Europe might be a squabbling bag of cats at times, but I can't see that happening.