The end of custom cars?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
AIUI this proposal will make illegal any modifications to any vehicle, whether done in the past or planned. So if you've altered your vehicle in any way, you could end up in breach of the law:

Armageddon | www.the-ace.org.uk

Personally I think this stinks. Why shouldn't people modify their cars? As long as they are safe then what is the problem (taste notwithstanding)?

Another pointless idea, considering the amount of money that goes into modifications. The government need more money and they are cutting more potential tax revenue, how clever.

And hundreds more businesses around the UK go crashing down the pan.
But we are still of course a bunch of immoral idle bastards.

Un-enforcable IMHO.

You're mad you are mate. Unenforceable in Italy and greece and maybe Spain but here where we follow the law to the letter? You have a modded car, bike or trike and it will be off the road quicker than the DVLA can say SORN! Take it on the road and the police will probably seize you're vehicle on sight and fine you, what do you reckon a grand minimum and 9 points on your license.

what a bleeping mess, there is so much money made in Customizing that if they did this alot of people will lose the careers/ business. if this goes ahead i am fecking out of this sh*t hole of a country. not to mention with uprated brakes and handling less accidents what is going on ????

If it gets the chav nob that drives past my house every few hours with a fandango exhaust on his 1L Fiesta knicked then I'm all for it. Although I think this raises serious safety issues - how will we know who is a real tit on the road with no large wings and bodykits to mark them out?

You're mad you are mate. Unenforceable in Italy and greece and maybe Spain but here where we follow the law to the letter? You have a modded car, bike or trike and it will be off the road quicker than the DVLA can say SORN! Take it on the road and the police will probably seize you're vehicle on sight and fine you, what do you reckon a grand minimum and 9 points on your license.
They might get the obvious body kit corsa chav chariots which is fair enough as they all need destroying at the road side with a phos grenade on sight but how are they going to tell if it's modded saloon car or one of the racey versions that they sell to cash in on the rally car connection?

Did that start life as a normal Ford Focus or is it one of the off the shelf RS models?

Checkable for sure but with every single one?

And that's reliant on coppers being into cars in the first place to know the difference at a glance.

Thats a shame, I've welded a rovers biscuit tin to the bonnet of my motor, sprayed it in and placed a picnic bench sized spoiler on the boot.

If da bizzies cum near me I'll blast em with sooty songs from my Bose sound system before hotstepping down the boulevard.

I'm personally glad, it will stop Halfords car parks being full of brain defiecient delinquents dicussing what initials to put on the back of thier tarted up Puntos and Corsas and stopping me buying windscreen wash, scoffing as I do that its a ******* con, and that the air fresheners smell worse than the shitty musk I'm attempting to mask.

AIUI this proposal will make illegal any modifications to any vehicle, whether done in the past or planned. So if you've altered your vehicle in any way, you could end up in breach of the law:

Armageddon | www.the-ace.org.uk

Personally I think this stinks. Why shouldn't people modify their cars? As long as they are safe then what is the problem (taste notwithstanding)?
More bad news, the department of people have decided to pass the same laws for the human body.

Therefore you have two weeks to sew your cock back on and cut your tits off :D

It truly is unbelievable.

At a time when the money pot is, supposedly, completely empty; we should be supporting every opportunity for people to remain solvent. Automotive engineering has always been a strong profession in Britain and this will hit many businesses hard and no doubt put an end to many of their sales... yet some ******* ****** has decided to ban it, probably because a few irresponible chavs drive down his private driveway at night making lots of noise.

Every time something like this happens - whether it's cars, guns, lasers... what the men in suits fail to see is that all the people who were doing it illegally before will carry on doing it illegally whilst all the responsible people who did it responsibly get barred. No problem gets solved, people simply get encouraged to work outside the law because there is no way to do it inside the law. So in fact - a greater problem is made.

What a crock of shit.

(9) ‘roadworthiness test’ means a verification that the parts and components of a vehicle comply with its safety and environmental characteristics in force at the time of approval, first registration or entry into service, as well as at the time of retrofitting;

This is just one bit of a rather lengthy draft of the proposals, but the term "roadworthiness" is used a lot. I'm not overly concerned: if I put modern brakes/ignition/tyres etc on my 1970s Rover, then surely that will exceed the original spec. Like all rules, this shit, if implemented, will be open to interpretation.

If it gets ******* Dubbers with their stretched tyres and stickerbombed windows off the road, so much the better. Section 55 should read "Dubbers (and quasi Dubbers in SEATs) must get their hair cut, have a shave, purchase a belt and stop being utter *******"

So tell us DP...exactly how gay looking is your badly souped up corsa?

Would we be right in guessing that it landed you precisely zero shags?

It truly is unbelievable.

At a time when the money pot is, supposedly, completely empty; we should be supporting every opportunity for people to remain solvent. Automotive engineering has always been a strong profession in Britain and this will hit many businesses hard and no doubt put an end to many of their sales... yet some ******* ****** has decided to ban it, probably because a few irresponible chavs drive down his private driveway at night making lots of noise.

Every time something like this happens - whether it's cars, guns, lasers... what the men in suits fail to see is that all the people who were doing it illegally before will carry on doing it illegally whilst all the responsible people who did it responsibly get barred. No problem gets solved, people simply get encouraged to work outside the law because there is no way to do it inside the law. So in fact - a greater problem is made.

What a crock of shit.
You can't even drive you bus taking, publically transported bergan full of bellends.

what a bleeping mess, there is so much money made in Customizing that if they did this alot of people will lose the careers/ business. if this goes ahead i am fecking out of this sh*t hole of a country. not to mention with uprated brakes and handling less accidents what is going on ????
To be fair, the number of customisation jobs that actually improve the handling, braking or roadholding of a car are few and far between, but if it's not unsafe then what's the problem?

I would cautiously support legislation that requires an MoTer type to check over any changes to the steering, suspension or brakes before you're allowed out on the road though. The number of twats who think that cutting the ends off of coils is a perfectly sensible way to lower a car is rather worrying.

They might get the obvious body kit corsa chav chariots which is fair enough as they all need destroying at the road side with a phos grenade on sight but how are they going to tell if it's modded saloon car or one of the racey versions that they sell to cash in on the rally car connection?

Did that start life as a normal Ford Focus or is it one of the off the shelf RS models?

Checkable for sure but with every single one?

And that's reliant on coppers being into cars in the first place to know the difference at a glance.

Same way as they do in Germany,when you take your car for TUV,it's been that way for years,this has also been circulating for years too!

Latest Threads