The end of custom cars?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Legs, Aug 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AIUI this proposal will make illegal any modifications to any vehicle, whether done in the past or planned. So if you've altered your vehicle in any way, you could end up in breach of the law:

Armageddon | www.the-ace.org.uk

Personally I think this stinks. Why shouldn't people modify their cars? As long as they are safe then what is the problem (taste notwithstanding)?

2. Another pointless idea, considering the amount of money that goes into modifications. The government need more money and they are cutting more potential tax revenue, how clever.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Un-enforcable IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
  4. And hundreds more businesses around the UK go crashing down the pan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. But we are still of course a bunch of immoral idle bastards.

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

You're mad you are mate. Unenforceable in Italy and greece and maybe Spain but here where we follow the law to the letter? You have a modded car, bike or trike and it will be off the road quicker than the DVLA can say SORN! Take it on the road and the police will probably seize you're vehicle on sight and fine you, what do you reckon a grand minimum and 9 points on your license.

7. what a bleeping mess, there is so much money made in Customizing that if they did this alot of people will lose the careers/ business. if this goes ahead i am fecking out of this sh*t hole of a country. not to mention with uprated brakes and handling less accidents what is going on ????

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Easy one mate. Its the drive to uniformity and compliance by the USSEU and I bet a five on a hols4h donation that it will sail through and be law pronto.

9. 689C9531.jpg - Illegal
    3445936578_46a96365ce.jpg - Illegal
    Custom Car - Skyline Gold-Green Crystal paint 500.jpg - Illegal
    nova11.jpg - Illegal

10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

The bottom one should be blown up never mind illegal

• Like Like x 7
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

If it gets the chav nob that drives past my house every few hours with a fandango exhaust on his 1L Fiesta knicked then I'm all for it. Although I think this raises serious safety issues - how will we know who is a real tit on the road with no large wings and bodykits to mark them out?

• Like Like x 5
  12. They might get the obvious body kit corsa chav chariots which is fair enough as they all need destroying at the road side with a phos grenade on sight but how are they going to tell if it's modded saloon car or one of the racey versions that they sell to cash in on the rally car connection?

Did that start life as a normal Ford Focus or is it one of the off the shelf RS models?

Checkable for sure but with every single one?

And that's reliant on coppers being into cars in the first place to know the difference at a glance.

13. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Thats a shame, I've welded a rovers biscuit tin to the bonnet of my motor, sprayed it in and placed a picnic bench sized spoiler on the boot.

If da bizzies cum near me I'll blast em with sooty songs from my Bose sound system before hotstepping down the boulevard.

I'm personally glad, it will stop Halfords car parks being full of brain defiecient delinquents dicussing what initials to put on the back of thier tarted up Puntos and Corsas and stopping me buying windscreen wash, scoffing as I do that its a ******* con, and that the air fresheners smell worse than the shitty musk I'm attempting to mask.

14. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

More bad news, the department of people have decided to pass the same laws for the human body.

Therefore you have two weeks to sew your cock back on and cut your tits off :D

• Like Like x 7
  15. It truly is unbelievable.

At a time when the money pot is, supposedly, completely empty; we should be supporting every opportunity for people to remain solvent. Automotive engineering has always been a strong profession in Britain and this will hit many businesses hard and no doubt put an end to many of their sales... yet some ******* ****** has decided to ban it, probably because a few irresponible chavs drive down his private driveway at night making lots of noise.

Every time something like this happens - whether it's cars, guns, lasers... what the men in suits fail to see is that all the people who were doing it illegally before will carry on doing it illegally whilst all the responsible people who did it responsibly get barred. No problem gets solved, people simply get encouraged to work outside the law because there is no way to do it inside the law. So in fact - a greater problem is made.

What a crock of shit.