The End of Common Sense...The Tossers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jack-daniels, Apr 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wonder if the Civil servant who took this decision would like to stand up and be counted.
    john
    Barstward, F-ing Barsteward.

2. What a crap country we live in! Only one leg but not disabled enough. I have seen plenty of blue badge holders who may well have had genuine disabilities but none obvious or sufficient to stop then running from car to building when it rains and yet this guy with an obvious and undeniably genuine case gets sod all!

3. How about some real target practice for weapon training courses.

Every f*cking civil servant jobsworth who ever stopped any servicemans, or ex servicemans benefit or support.

Just to be fair, we could give them a choice of blindfolds or a 25m head start.

4. F*cking outrageous. F*cking disgraceful.

5. Thanks JD, for raising my blood pressure so early in the day. :x

If Prince Charles' personal secretary had any sense of duty he might wlike to march into the Princes breakfast room, throw this newspaper on his desk and say, "Your Royal Highness, do you remember that brave chap who lost his leg for you? Well you might want to take a look at this sir".

6. I've just e mailed Stu about this, he probably won't be able to talk in Public about it as he's still serving but we can do it for him I reckon.

7. Yep! Looks like someone made a mistake and I feel confident that the situation will sort itself out. Next!

8. What a disgrace. The Gobment's stupid civvie rules being applied to a war hero who has given his all.

When are we going to get the chance to vote this sorry sack of sh*te of a Gobment out?

Letter writing kit out, AGAIN.

9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Now Jack, get off the fence & tell us what you really think.
    & while you at it, if you find the name of the individual who signed the letter make sure to tell us their name, Telephone number & email address & then we can all get in touch & let them know just how proud we are of the difficult decisions they make!

Oh & I might just chop their fcuking legs off.

10. When a civil servant comes up with these decisions it makes you wonder what the conversation is between them and the boss they run it past. "Well done Jeeves, more money in the coffers. Tax payer will be pleased when they find out"?

A civil service dept. is getting pats on the back all the way up and down the line on decisions made like this.

11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Having had to deal with the idiots who make these descisions I fully sypothise
    After my father died I had to go to York office to sort out his disability
    It would appear if you spend all your life (14 - 64) working you are entitled to fukc all
    I was asked to leave after going mental with the women when she told my mother "I don't want to blind you with science but it's done by computor"

If your man turns up at 0800 pissed with a can of special brew claims he 'lost' all his money and has a bad back which although allows him to do "cash in hand only chief" work and can't be proven
    He'll get everything within 5 minutes

Cunts

12. According to the DfT website, extract below, Blue Badges are issed by local councils?

However I am still going to Email my "feelings" to the disability policy email contact address below :evil:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/transportforyou/access/emailcontacts

The following table includes e-mail addresses for different areas of the Department for Transport's Mobility and Inclusion Unit. Additional contact information is available, including telephone, Minicom and fax numbers, together with an explanation of the policies for which each area is responsible.

Clicking on the relevant link in the 'Function - description' column will take you more information on the subject of interest.

Function - description
    Email address

General Enquiries
    aeu@dft.gsi.gov.uk

Disability policy
    aeu@dft.gsi.gov.uk

Blue Badge Scheme - Policy
    (Please note that local authorities administer the Scheme and issue badges.
    Applications should therefore be made to your local council.)
    blue.badge@dft.gsi.gov.uk

Social Exclusion and Crime
    aeu@dft.gsi.gov.uk

Social Inclusion and Diversity
    aeu@dft.gsi.gov.uk

Engineering and Technical Queries
    aeu@dft.gsi.gov.uk

Mobility Advice and Vehicle Information Service (MAVIS)
    mavis@dft.gsi.gov.uk

DPTAC Secretariat
    dptac@dft.gov.uk

13. What fcuks me off the most about this, is the fact a civi twat dole scrounger who works on the side, and weighs 28 st can get disability payments, a badge, and a mobility car.
    A secretary who was told by her boss, she has nice tits, gets a fortune in compensation, for hurting her feelings etc, and an iraqi kid who takes a wayward bullet, gets £2M, what the hell is wrong with this country.

To many soft touch tree hugging ********* running the country, who want the world to see them as "PC" at the expense of the people they serve.

14. Fully agree with the outrage expressed here - I'm a CS (the shame) but would dearly love to meet the f*ckwit that came up with this insane judgement.