The End of Black History Month

Looking at the position they are in perhaps they are Polari Bears?

(well someone should get it, the pun that is).

Wouldn't that make them Gay Bear Bears?

Londo

LE
polar bear.jpg

They look very hairy for alopecia sufferers.

Maybe they've blacked up, the racists:eek:
NOoooo ! I thought blackface had been banned .

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Just seen an advert with Mo Fara - advertising an electric toothbrush (surely something all migrants aspire to!) with a 'whitening' feature. Is he guilty of some form of cultural appropriation? or just opportunistic earning due to his particular Britishness?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Just seen an advert with Mo Fara - advertising an electric toothbrush (surely something all migrants aspire to!) with a 'whitening' feature. Is he guilty of some form of cultural appropriation? or just opportunistic earning due to his particular Britishness?

And racist against Asians for not wanting yellow teeth

Chef

LE
As if you need an excuse to flaunt your lallies.
I loved the way Williams and Paddick got the whole thing past the Beeb.

I like double entendres and slip one in wherever I can.

I think the honours should go to Marty Feldman and Barry Took as the scriptwriters, not to diminish the players investment in the characters.

Favourite ones: "I got badly stung on holiday in the Algarve"
"A portuguese man-o-war?"
"I don't know - never saw him in uniform..."
and
"I'm joining the House of Lords day trip to Brighton. I can't wait to go down on the world's longest pier"

Chef

LE
I think the honours should go to Marty Feldman and Barry Took as the scriptwriters, not to diminish the players investment in the characters.
Fair point. I've no excuse for forgetting them as I have this on the book shelf
51WELDa2KaL._SX357_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Favourite ones: "I got badly stung on holiday in the Algarve"
"A portuguese man-o-war?"
"I don't know - never saw him in uniform..."
and
"I'm joining the House of Lords day trip to Brighton. I can't wait to go down on the world's longest pier"
Worthy predecessors of the delightful Samantha of 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' fame.

From the days when BBC comedy was funny, chiz chiz.

ETA @CaptainRidiculous world's longest pier is Southend.

Yours sincerely
Sir Toby Buzzkill.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Africa.....

Congolese engineering student Désiré Kabengele Sebazungu says he couldn't resist creating something that combines his passion for mechanics and running marathons.

"The mechanical treadmill system for sports use is to help Goma residents stay fit as they cope with permanent insecurity here," the 24-year-old told the BBC.

He studies in Goma, in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo, which is often witness to violence.

It took Mr Kabengele Sebazungu three weeks to complete the treadmill that is tilted at a 15 degree angle and is designed to be used without electricity.

A video of his fitness machine, where he is seen trying it out to the cheers of onlookers, has delighted people online:

And then the usual naysayers:

But some critics on Twitter have said that the need to create a non-electric treadmill highlights how far behind the country is.

Latest Threads