The End of Black History Month

Awol

LE
TV adverts should reflect the demographic make up of the nation. Anything else is racism.

What we’re currently seeing on our screens isn’t just racism, it’s turbocharged racism.

TV adverts should reflect the demographic make up of the nation. Anything else is racism.

What we’re currently seeing on our screens isn’t just racism, it’s turbocharged racism.
Didn't you know everytime someone who is black or asian is passed over for a job for someone just because they are white AND better qualified/suitable is racism?

Can't wait to see all the media hype for Movember.

Seeing as it's the thing to venerate special months.

We'll have lots of media coverage to raise awareness of prostate and testicular cancer, and male suicide. . . . . . and how it affects the Trans community and is racist because black men are affected too.

They should talk about how much gang violence in US and UK most of the guys are black for a start as well etc drug dealers, at least in every article I read relating to London and County Lines?

As the great man Denzel Washington remarked;

"It's not color, it's culture."

Look beyond the hue of the people involved.

Notice how there weren't any black people in the Squid Games - bloody Koreans are racist, or maybe the demographic of South Korea hardly has any black people, much like the town I live in. If there was a black person in Squid Games I wonder if they would have been killed of first or if the PC brigade would have made them the winner?

I heard one of Winkle Brown's lectures , he refutes all the crap about Hitler ignoring Jesse Owen

As he was there I'd be inclined to take his word for it

No idea I heard it from a reputable source , if it's wrong I will delete it.

It's not in the WW1 section of the book. It could be hiding elsewhere, but I'd be surprised.

Why don't you read the book yourself and come to your own conclusions? It bothers you enough to post about it, so you could check it out?

Audible do a free book cancel within 30 days, if you're not already a member.

I was surprised last night at the dinner table when my 8 year son started talking about Rosa somebody who got on a bus and some nasty white people had her arrested (Rosa Parks). Why a junior school is teaching American history is beyond me and shows how far this stuff is polluting everything.

By having a specific month of preaching black history orientated to a struggle against racism is social engineering at its most basic level. Yet he was learning about Romans and no discussion of Britons taking as slaves to Rome, or any kind of balancing to explain why slavery/racism is not a positive thing, but explaining its reason was not out of hatred for others but simply a cheap way of getting things done, before machines existed.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I was surprised last night at the dinner table when my 8 year son started talking about Rosa somebody who got on a bus and some nasty white people had her arrested (Rosa Parks). Why a junior school is teaching American history is beyond me and shows how far this stuff is polluting everything.

By having a specific month of preaching black history orientated to a struggle against racism is social engineering at its most basic level. Yet he was learning about Romans and no discussion of Britons taking as slaves to Rome, or any kind of balancing to explain why slavery/racism is not a positive thing, but explaining its reason was not out of hatred for others but simply a cheap way of getting things done, before machines existed.
To reinforce the racism narrative.

Nothing about British citizens objecting to the segregation of black US troops during WWII, I take it? That predates Parks on the bus.

To reinforce the racism narrative.

Nothing about British citizens objecting to the segregation of black US troops during WWII, I take it? That predates Parks on the bus.
Through an 8 year old eyes, they're simply take on board the message that the blacks have being oppressed and children are growing up to believe this kind of nonsense.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I think there are two ways of using propaganda:-
1. The blunt force approach like critical race theory.
2. The nudge approach which takes a child up to a certain point and encourages them to explore further themselves and direct them to the CRT literature.
Aye. I don't think in this case that the subtler, second way is in play though. Especially not at that educational stage - FFS, a lot of 'degrees' are effectively rote learning these days. You don't go off-script.

As you noted, why is American history being taught in British schools - more specifically, why is something to do with America's racial divisiveness being taught at primary stages in the UK? See my point about blacks GIs in WWII - we were already way ahead of the US. More than that, the objection to racism was a spontaneous one on the behalf of the population. They didn't need to be told to do it, they just felt that segregation was wrong.

It's very specific and it fits a narrative.

If we're going to go around the world and look at emancipation, and the lack thereof, then fine. Is your child also being taught about the safety of women on public transport in India, for example? That's surely of equal relevance.

Just checked when this thread started – 31 October 2020.

Can someone assist me: is October now annually a ‘black history month’, not just a one off a year ago?
I say this, because BBC4 tonight has a focus on Lenny Henry (two Programmes) and Stephen Lawrence (peace be upon him).

We may have to add Eternal October to Eternal September and call it Eternal Septober.

Or something.

Aye. I don't think in this case that the subtler, second way is in play though. Especially not at that educational stage - FFS, a lot of 'degrees' are effectively rote learning these days. You don't go off-script.

As you noted, why is American history being taught in British schools - more specifically, why is something to do with America's racial divisiveness being taught at primary stages in the UK? See my point about blacks GIs in WWII - we were already way ahead of the US. More than that, the objection to racism was a spontaneous one on the behalf of the population. They didn't need to be told to do it, they just felt that segregation was wrong.

It's very specific and it fits a narrative.

If we're going to go around the world and look at emancipation, and the lack thereof, then fine. Is your child also being taught about the safety of women on public transport in India, for example? That's surely of equal relevance.

What they should teach them is that when it comes to racism America is not the one to look to for anything other than how not to be. What they should be saying is that America put man on the moon, aided by ex-Nazis, before they stopped/stamped out segregation - and even then they didn't. What they should be teaching is how the UK recognised that it had to change, had to stop. This is the least racist country I have ever lived in. They should be ramming that down their throats and holding this country up as an example of, albeit not perfect, but probably as good as it gets.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
What they should teach them is that when it comes to racism America is not the one to look to for anything other than how not to be. What they should be saying is that America put man on the moon, aided by ex-Nazis, before they stopped/stamped out segregation - and even then they didn't. What they should be teaching is how the UK recognised that it had to change, had to stop. This is the least racist country I have ever lived in. They should be ramming that down their throats and holding this country up as an example of, albeit not perfect, but probably as good as it gets.
There's too much of an industry in racism, though.

TamH70

MIA
This is the song that British Gas have chosen for their new adverts.

Fire up that loud
Another round of shots
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Fire up that loud
Another round of shots
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Fire up that loud
Another round of shots
Fire up that loud
Another round of shots
Fire up that loud
Another round of shots
Fire up that loud
Another round of shots
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what?
Turn down for what

I think we’d all agree that these fine and thought provoking lyrics makes one immediately think of domestic gas suppliers.

Song is an absolute banger, to be fair.

Latest Threads