The End of Black History Month

Erm,

I'm confused.

What is wrong with this again?

See previos comments - criminals in adverts can only be represented by white men - this is why - every protected group objects to being shown in a negative image and instead of saying get a grip x is spread accros all groups were a diverse country and we selected an actor at random - the organisation apologises and will now republish the advert with a white male

Who are now always sterotyped as the bad guy - what starrted as a joke about holywood type casting is now the norm in the UK

Maybe.

But Olusaga's book did make me feel proud to be British and ex-military, even if it was the Royal Navy who was blockading Africa and helping reduce the flow of slaves to the Americas.

I've also read Nial Ferguson's The British Empire. He was slated for that because although he goes heavily into the 'sins of our Empire', he also writes - with some pride - about how Britain helped abolish the slave trade throughout Europe.

I thought both books showed a level of pride in our history, yet Olusaga wasn't criticised for his book, but Ferguson was (by the woke).

I like a bit of history, me.
This is the book that claims 60,000 died on the first day of the Somme?

He's a fraud.

He's a fraud.
Did he claim 60,000 British deaths or 60,000 casualties?
Either way, I wouldn't use the word fraud, just he got it wrong.

Incidently his first series of house through time was fascinating an informative. The second series just seemed to be any house over 300 years old was owned by a slave owner. Factually correct but misleading.

No but you have black only safe spaces at some Uni's.
Black only job applications at the BBC, and other
Scholarships being created for only black students, but are ignored when being offered for white only students
Etc. etc.

It seems that you can have it one way

Everyone is equal, but everyone is more equal than you if you're white

He's a fraud.

I just took a re-read of the relevant bit of the book about WW2.

He makes no claim of what you say.

The closest I can find is that he says the British were treating 50,000 for shell shock at the end of 2016.

2b.jpg

Page 386

What page are you referring to?

This is a new one on me. I truly did not know that our police (for Police I am assuming Met in this case) were dealing with domestic abuse incorrectly due to 'cultural' differences as stated in the video clip.

I am not going to belittle domestic abuse but I do wonder what Anti Racist Cumbria would have to say about any posters that may support this campaign if they depict a black man.

'We get left at home with our abusers'

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 08.31.03.png

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
This is a new one on me. I truly did not know that our police (for Police I am assuming Met in this case) were dealing with domestic abuse incorrectly due to 'cultural' differences as stated in the video clip.

I am not going to belittle domestic abuse but I do wonder what Anti Racist Cumbria would have to say about any posters that may support this campaign if they depict a black man.

View attachment 610728
So the authorities are to blame - again?

View attachment 610728
Don't you watch the adverts?
All women of colour are married to white men.

Don't you watch the adverts?
All women of colour are married to white men.

Really?

I thought they were all married to other women, while the unpersons* are the butt of whatever derision and disdain is currently allowed in advertising.

*<Saruman>You know of whom I speak.</Saruman>

Just checked when this thread started – 31 October 2020.

Can someone assist me: is October now annually a ‘black history month’, not just a one off a year ago?
I say this, because BBC4 tonight has a focus on Lenny Henry (two Programmes) and Stephen Lawrence (peace be upon him).

Londo

LE
Just checked when this thread started – 31 October 2020.

Can someone assist me: is October now annually a ‘black history month’, not just a one off a year ago?
I say this, because BBC4 tonight has a focus on Lenny Henry (two Programmes) and Stephen Lawrence (peace be upon him).
I think now all year round is 'black history month' going by what's on the box .these days .

They should talk about how much gang violence in US and UK most of the guys are black for a start as well etc drug dealers, at least in every article I read relating to London and County Lines?

I think now all year round is 'black history month' going by what's on the box .these days .

Good job B/W TV's are hard to get oh hang on it's colour TV's now

When Jesse Owens won gold at the 100 metres, Hitler walked out of the stadium.

That story is bollocks.
Jesse Owens was treated better in Nazi Germany than he was in his own country.

Last edited:

Londo

LE
They should talk about how much gang violence in US and UK most of the guys are black for a start as well etc drug dealers, at least in every article I read relating to London and County Lines?
Shhhhhh ! That's not allowed to be talked about