The End of Black History Month

D'yer mak'er?
windies.jpg

"No, she went of her own accord"

272 stations and yet they had to pad out the names of actual people with organisations, The Yaa centre, 'Black Trans Alliance and BLK Arts Group. The last two, I presume, in no way racist in who they'd admit.

William Daggers is perhaps more indicative of someone with a sense of humour.
TfL should instead have used names of the talented rappers and footballers that have been stabbed or shot this year. The map could have doubled as a memoriam. 272 names could have been plucked out of the long list of fatal stabbings very easily and would have had just as much relevance as some of the random names TfL have come up with.
Peckham Rye could have been renamed Sasha Johnson, to mark where that icon of Black Power was shot, although technically she's not eligible given that she's a cabbage rather than a dearly departed....

Londo

LE
TfL should instead have used names of the talented rappers and footballers that have been stabbed or shot this year. The map could have doubled as a memoriam. 272 names could have been plucked out of the long list of fatal stabbings very easily and would have had just as much relevance as some of the random names TfL have come up with.
Peckham Rye could have been renamed Sasha Johnson, to mark where that icon of Black Power was shot, although technically she's not eligible given that she's a cabbage rather than a dearly departed....
A wilted cabbage fit only for the bin by now I would have thought .

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
TfL shouldn't have produced that map in the first place. It panders to a small group agitators, not all of them BAME.

Is it going to produce a map for everyone else? Doesn't London have the largest population of Hungarians outside Hungary, for instance? How about the Jews?

It's racist nonsense - racist because it's not been done equally.

TfL shouldn't have produced that map in the first place. It panders to a small group agitators, not all of them BAME.

Is it going to produce a map for everyone else? Doesn't London have the largest population of Hungarians outside Hungary, for instance? How about the Jews?

Dear God, you mean that map was for real – I honestly assumed it was just somebody having a bit of fun!

It's never been about equality.

It's not BAME, BAME isn't politically correct now as only black lives matter

Other ethnics aren't ethnic enough to be BAME

Some current UK adverts main characters..

Shelter- black
HM Gov - black
Sainsburies- black
Waitrose - black
Allison flour- mixed race family
Yorkshire building society- Indian
My Tutor - black
Rosette Stone - black
Hilton Hotels- black
Wix E Commerce - black
B&Q - Muslim woman
Logiteck - black
SSAFA - black
Spec savers - black
Bicester Village - blacLego- black
Blue Dragon - black
Nintendo - black
Autotrader - brown
NHS - black
Royal British Legion - black

Black people are not being represented apparently.

Shelter- black
HM Gov - black
Sainsburies- black
Waitrose - black
My Tutor - black
Rosette Stone - black
Hilton Hotels- black
Wix E Commerce - black
B&Q - Muslim woman
Logiteck - black
SSAFA - black
Spec savers - black
Blue Dragon - black
Nintendo - black
Autotrader - brown
NHS - black

Well not everyone is black, so the adverts are racist

Shelter- black
HM Gov - black
Sainsburies- black
Waitrose - black
My Tutor - black
Rosette Stone - black
Hilton Hotels- black
Wix E Commerce - black
B&Q - Muslim woman
Logiteck - black
SSAFA - black
Spec savers - black
Blue Dragon - black
Nintendo - black
Autotrader - brown
NHS - black

Fair enough, you did say 'some'.

Add ASDA and HSL to the list (I know this as the adverts wake me up during Tipping Point, hurumph).

Unknown.jpgHSL-1200x750-Oct-19-Burrows-Blake-Blush-Garrick.jpg

Renaming the stations on the Tube map is nothing new and has been done before by various artists for various causes.

It depends on how you look at it. The map lists a great number of black Brits who have prospered in the UK over the ages.
While racism has always existed, it has not held these people back from making good lives for themselves..... Which kind of goes against the trope of the UK being full of racists.

I don't agree with organisations/centres being listed as they are taking away a spot of a real person.

Renaming the stations on the Tube map is nothing new and has been done before by various artists for various causes.
Interesting serendipity.
My post above yours is NTNON.
They produced a few books, one of which had a tube map labelled 'KEEP LONDON TIDY - give this to a tourist', where Buckingham palace was out at Epping, Houses of parliament was at Uxbridge, etc

Oh, and how is this...

map_tiwb_hi-res_segment__1.jpg

Shelter- black
HM Gov - black
Sainsburies- black
Waitrose - black
My Tutor - black
Rosette Stone - black
Hilton Hotels- black
Wix E Commerce - black
B&Q - Muslim woman
Logiteck - black
SSAFA - black
Spec savers - black
Blue Dragon - black
Nintendo - black
Autotrader - brown
NHS - black

Lloyds Bank - black horse. :)