The End of Black History Month

4(T)

LE
I mentioned this subject to a black Nigerian mate a few years back and not only did he not believe me but he also ended the friendship . His loss not mine .

You'd have lost him much quicker if you'd pointed out that the principle Nigerian clan groups were, historically, high volume slave traders...

BHMTiubeMap211121.jpg
I think we’d have to Google most of those, boys and girls, not that I’m inclined to.
That said; Fanny Croker intrigues me!

Chef

LE
BHMTiubeMap211121.jpg
272 stations and yet they had to pad out the names of actual people with organisations, The Yaa centre, 'Black Trans Alliance and BLK Arts Group. The last two, I presume, in no way racist in who they'd admit.

William Daggers is perhaps more indicative of someone with a sense of humour.

Londo

LE
You'd have lost him much quicker if you'd pointed out that the principle Nigerian clan groups were, historically, high volume slave traders...
Although not mentioned I think deep down he already knew that ;)

I've just Googled a few of them and they are just, well, people.
No great inventors, explorers, statesmen, explorers or otherwise doing deeds for the betterment of mankind.
Just people really. Most have only a few line write-ups in their top Google entires and none had a Wikipedia entry.
Mind you I only looked into three of them. Then gave up.

bestri10

Old-Salt
No great inventors, explorers, statesmen, explorers or otherwise doing deeds for the betterment of mankind.
Just people really. Most have only a few line write-ups in their top Google entires and none had a Wikipedia entry.
Did they just run out of famous black people after three because George Africanus sounds suspiciously made up.
Edit: upon further investigation he was real.

Londo

LE
Did they just run out of famous black people after three because George Africanus sounds suspiciously made up.
' While no descendants carry the Africanus family surname '

I wonder why ?

Joanne Campbell does. I only looked because there were three black kids in my primary school. One of them was a girl in my class called Joanne Campbell. Not her though.

Not many Winston's there, there must be plenty of black Winstons needing their story told

Looks like TFL are a bunch of racists

Chef

LE
Just looking at the thread title again and thinking,

'Does this mean that black history finishes at the end of the month?.

272 stations and yet they had to pad out the names of actual people with organisations, The Yaa centre, 'Black Trans Alliance and BLK Arts Group. The last two, I presume, in no way racist in who they'd admit.

William Daggers is perhaps more indicative of someone with a sense of humour.
Nah, it was "Black Trains Alliance" and someone missed an i off. An elite group of black trainspotters.