The End of Black History Month

Not forgetting the Romans gave us Biggus Dickus and Incontinentia Buttocks

My money's on the Ngoni

That's them. My African history is mostly lost to lazy brain cell activity. A significant passage in that article:

In 1897, with over 4,000 warriors, Mpezeni [warrior-king of one of the largest Ngoni groups] rose up against the British, who were taking control of Nyasaland and North-Eastern Rhodesia, and was defeated. Mpezeni signed the treaty which allowed him to rule as Paramount Chief of the Ngoni in Zambia's Eastern Province and Malawi's Mchinji district. His successors as chief take the title Paramount Chief Mpezeni to this day.[5]

The cruelty and ruthlessness of Mpezeni's raids can be understood from this account written by a British hunter who came across a Chewa village a few hours after a raid in 1897:

On my arrival I found the male population all under arms, and the women crying. A raiding party of Mpezeni’s people had attacked them suddenly that morning. Ten women were killed in the gardens and twenty-two were taken away as prisoners. An old man and one of the headman’s children had been severely wounded. Their entrails hung out of frightfully torn wounds, inflicted most likely by barbed spears. It was a pitiful sight — the groans of the wounded, the women crying over their dead, whose bodies were brought from the gardens, the men standing about helplessly and depressed.

No doubt that this sort of activity is regarded by the likes of the Senegalese woman above as being in the spirit of traditional culture. The racist British simply didn't understand that, and must now pay reparations to the Ngoni.

Surely if we were all 'equal' there would have been African explorers poking around Britain finding the source of the River Thames, and naming it after African rulers?

Surely if we were all 'equal' there would have been African explorers poking around Britain finding the source of the River Thames, and naming it after African rulers?

Nah the Romans ,Jutes, Angles, Saxons, Normans Vikings etc. did it afore them apart from the Black country

Chef

LE
Presumably in their ocean going sailing ships while waiting for the steam powered stuff to come on line.

Presumably in their ocean going sailing ships while waiting for the steam powered stuff to come on line.
And navigated by………………oh forget it.

There was the Barbary slavers who kidnapped people from the English and European coastal towns and shipping lanes.

There was the Barbary slavers who kidnapped people from the English and European coastal towns and shipping lanes.

Unpossible! They altruistically came over to teach you heathen buggers the secret of fire and other sciency stuff.

Aaah yes, their special programs on educating the Europeans on how to row galleys or work as sex slaves.

The white slave trade that is so often mentioned, and carried about as a massive chip on white shoulders?

Londo

LE
Aaah yes, their special programs on educating the Europeans on how to row galleys or work as sex slaves.

The white slave trade that is so often mentioned, and carried about as a massive chip on white shoulders?

I mentioned this subject to a black Nigerian mate a few years back and not only did he not believe me but he also ended the friendship . His loss not mine .

BHMTiubeMap211121.jpg

Latest Threads