Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The End of Black History Month

endure

GCM

endure

GCM
Strangely enough we dont celebrate, white history per se,
Because the UK is 80+~ per cent white. Being part of a minority presents some difficulties that the larger population don't see because it's not something that they encounter.

Pretending that those difficulties don't exist or dismissing them because they don't affect you is part of the problem.

ste14w

War Hero
Because the UK is 80+~ per cent white. Being part of a minority presents some difficulties that the larger population don't see because it's not something that they encounter.

Pretending that those difficulties don't exist or dismissing them because they don't affect you is part of the problem.
And yet there are parts of the country where white people are a minority.
Should we not take their experiences into account?

It's a bit like having a bonfire night month-with the best of wills it's really over in about 20 minutes.
Lot's of oohhs and ahhs but bugger all to show the next morning.

What a shit answer. If you don't agree you are part of the problem. Rather like if you don't agree you are a Nazi/Racist.
Not every black/brown person sees themselves as a victim who needs to be pitied.

I'd rather not pretend their difficulties are all down to white people purposely creating those difficulties as if they have no agency in their own lives.

Other factions of the BAME group have done quite well and dont seek to blame others for any failings.

Edited to add a clarification

Last edited:
Let's just celebrate our history and stop this bickering

all the black kings and queens of England, like king Lenny Henry the VIII and his wife Anne Beyoncé, Robin in da hood, the civil war between the west side Roundheads and the east side Royalist posse, Nelson Mandelas victory at Trafalgar and the Magna carta rap lyrics laid down by Snoop king John of the Runnymead massive crew.

There on the stair
There on the stair, right there.

syrup

LE
Now it's finished does anyone know where I can claim this white privilege they keep telling me I'm entitled to
I could do with a bit of that just now

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Now it's finished does anyone know where I can claim this white privilege they keep telling me I'm entitled to
I could do with a bit of that just now
I think you can pick up some white privilege on Fri 27 Nov.

You know, Black Friday.

That is if you can fight past all the folk who should be at work but seem to have that day off to buy effing big TVs and other such essential items.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Because I expect sensible answers from sensible people.
84281971_1539395402890837_5554177765030232064_n.jpg

Channel 5 new historical drama series presents Anne Boleyn in a new 'groundbreaking' light'...

"The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth."

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Last Police Pass Out parade I was at,...nope..not one that I can truthfully recall. Out of circa 110!
15/19H existed from 1922-1992. AFAIK (and I only did seven years with them), not one in 70 years. Not really surprising since the concept of cavalry recruiting areas came along shortly after Windrush, Geordie Hussars, and it reflected the local demographics. Before joining, I knew a Caribbean family and a couple of Indian lads (the elder with a serious shoulder chip about it: it mattered not a toss to me). That was it, to me the Northeast was 100% white/Celtic and white Anglo Saxon.