The end of an era

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by saintstone, Feb 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RIP Spudhead, you had a good innings, damn those toymongers :x

2. Old spudheads never die, they just fade away...

3. Don't talk to me like that you git :x

Oh the other Mr PH spudhead :D

4. Text of e-mail I have sent to Hasbro (also posted on the "Hasbro" thread):

I see that the humourless global empire that is Hasbro has bullied a small community of ex-servicemen and women into removing their logo from the website http://www.arrse.co.uk .

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

“Arrse” has done a huge amount for charity over the years of its existence, and has helped many wounded ex-servicemen, and their relatives and loved ones, along with the relatives of those who have given their lives both for this country and in assisting the USA and its aims and objectives. I hope that they, and others like them in the future, will not suffer as a result of your petty small-mindedness.

I, for my part, will now take every opportunity available to me to let people know my views about Hasbro, its products and its corporate policies. I sincerely hope that I, and others like me, will achieve a noticeable result in terms of your “bottom line”.

5. It feels cold without old spud there.

6. Never mind, I'm sure we can find a picture of Sven we could doctor.

7. He is here, he's stood right next to you....

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

February 20th should be dedicated to Sgt PH in perpetuity.

Anyway - I still have the logo on my PC, are the PH nazis going to be chasing me now?

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

CNUTS! I went to hit spud to get me back to the homepage and realisation dawned, he's gone.

RIP Mucker, Stand easy see you in the hevenly Naafi bar for a few etc, etc ,etc ad nauseum.

Hasbro my arrse, now on the banned list for the kids and will be bad mouthing them to everyone I know with brats. If I can cost them only £1 in lost sales revenue I win.

10. Quick, start a facebook page about it as it's the thing to do apparently, or start an online petition with No 10.

I wonder if I can get back onto that gone-before-their-time web site and set up a Mr PH page for a proper grief fest?

11. RIP mate,
    Fcuking bastards what is the point??
    Anyone have the full details of what happened?

12. OOhhh guys lets start a roadside shrine?
    haha

13. Might I invite you, and others who feel like you, to contact Hasbro directly and let them know how you feel? There is no point in raging away quietly to yourself!

14. Toppers, use the same site Sluggy did for Pip :D

15. I think that it could be to ARRSEs benefit. A new characterisation, something that is over the top. You could even have him in different 'uniforms'. A slightly different tash I think. I seem to recall a picture in Private Eye, something that might just be the ticket, something that will have us laughing for years to come, as it does now. He could be called 'The Baron Private Walt' 8)