Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The End is Nigh!

Let me add a little bit onto the section I've emboldened in your post: in addition to inciting sectarian hatred with his bigoted, extremist ranting, single-handedly scuppering the Sunningdale Agreement and certainly unnecessarily prolonging Op Banner with his vindictive hate of anything Catholic.

There's also a lot of evidence to suggest that, while he himself didn't have his finger on the trigger, he was responsible for organising a lot of attacks on Catholics. The man's a total fuckin' ******** and the sooner he karks it, the better. I hope the bastard slowly chokes to death!

When I visit our foks in Derry, I'll make a special pilgrimage to his grave and piss on it.

MsG

Are you a kiddy fiddling catholic priest then?,,,,,,Just asking like....

MSG MSG MSG MSG Marxist Shit Gobbler......

"What's more, unlike McGuiness et al, I'm rather sure he never went ******* about with a tommy gun."

He sure encouraged plenty of others **** around with all sorts of nasty and dangerous toys though, in the name of God as well.

If he and his type had not been around in '69 a lot of squaddies could have got on with the serious business of soldering in BAOR.

Are you a kiddy fiddling catholic priest then?,,,,,,Just asking like....

MSG MSG MSG MSG Marxist Shit Gobbler......
No, I'm not. But if you're missing the "good times" of your childhood and youth that much, I'm sure I can arrange one.:)

MsG

You lot are a ******* disgrace. This is the man who built the DUP in to the largest unionist party in Northern Ireland. His only crime is loyalty to the United Kingdom and to the religious and national identity of a majority of people in Northern Ireland.

Yawn. His crime was extending the 18th Century into the 21st. Hopefully by the time my children are studying history he and his ilk won't warrant a footnote.

And it was Derry when I was wasting my time patrolling it in the faint hope that some form of civilisation would emerge.

"What's more, unlike McGuiness et al, I'm rather sure he never went ******* about with a tommy gun."

He sure encouraged plenty of others **** around with all sorts of nasty and dangerous toys though, in the name of God as well.

If he and his type had not been around in '69 a lot of squaddies could have got on with the serious business of soldering in BAOR.

More to the point - a lot of squaddies - and civilians - would not have lost their lives, been maimed, scarred and generally f***ed up.
Not to mention Ulster would, perhaps, have had a decent chance at equality of opportunity and prosperity.

Just a shame that those two murdering bastards from the opposite side cannot be on the same ward with the same prognosis,then we could all try and put the whole sorry mess behind us.

Not a hope in hell of that though, made a return to the place of my birth and some of my childhood, good old Glasgow, nothing has changed, my relations all RC, are stuck in the relentless cycle of hatred and bigotry, passed down to their children and granchildren. I give up.

Ian Paisley was a man I never met but I certainly watched with something akin to morbid fascination as he continuously stoked the fires of Northern Ireland over the years both through my youth and into my middle age. Certainly, you would think that if he had shown at an early stage, the restraint and willingness to work with others that he did in later years, Northern Ireland would probably have been spared a huge amount of pain and death as well.

It's not so simple though as to blame one man for all the problems that were the mess that was Northern Ireland. The truth is that if it wasn't Paisley, it would have been somebody else. The secretarianism was so rife that for example, if Paisley had been killed by the IRA, there would have been some mourning and he would have earned from Northern Irish Protestants, their adoration as a martyr for their cause. Then they would have carried on.

His death well into his old age will be significant because no doubt, many will mourn him and others will celebrate that finally he has gone. As someone who served in Northern Ireland three times as a young man in the early, middle and late seventies, and is now at the age of 56, I won't do either of those things. He is just another symbol to me of something pretty deplorable to say the least that came in both Protestant and Catholic forms.

I want Northern Ireland to keep going forward in peace and to find prosperity for its entire people, whatever their religion. It's a legacy that was bequeathed to it by many hundreds of Soldiers. A few of them were my mates but all of them were somebody’s mate. So when Paisley is gone, if I'm going to think of anything or anybody, it will be of them.

Paisley is a product of his time and his circumstance. He represented and unfortunately his party represents all that makes me ashamed of some of my heritage. He stood up for the those culchies at the time fearing change, fearing progress. He is conservative Ulster at its worst. He's a bigot, a sexist, a homophobe, a stirring force for no good seeing himself wrongly as a latter day Carson. Unfortunately his brand of poison has seeped into mainstream NI politics and we've got the rabble we deserve representing us. The OUP and SDLP now marginalised for the more fundamentalist parties. I hate how he has assisted in polarising NI society, I hate his bigotry, his conservatism, I deplore his outbursts, I hold his Free P church in a level of contempt and laugh at his so called "third force" and his kitchen sink theology

Yet Paisley did in his own heart think he was doing good, he actually thought he was going along the right lines. I can't despise the man as there is an element of humanity about him. He's misled, misguided and ultimately he's seen his dreams shattered. The GFA has brought us peace of a kind, it's not something that Paisley even remotely assisted in enabling but I'm pleased that in his twilight years he's seen diversity and fairness start to prevail.

I repeat, you lot are a total ******* disgrace. I bet you all would have handed Ulster over to Gerry and Martin after the first shot.

Really Tobers?
I think you'll find we're a wee bit more cerebral than that and realise that the balance of Carson's Ulster has changed and soon the state that was artificially formed will actually be predominantly Catholic. I also realise that since the South has modernised it's economy and updated it's former dogmatic approach to social issues it no longer presents the foreboding facade it did in the 1970s. I can objectively look at my history now and see we discriminated be it in the workplace, or in housing. I can see that we're moving forward despite the bigots. I don't think I'm a disgrace.. in fact I'm bloody proud of myself for changing my views over the past 30 years, and pleased the country is changing (if reluctantly) too.

I repeat, you lot are a total ******* disgrace. I bet you all would have handed Ulster over to Gerry and Martin after the first shot.
That is a total slur on the hundreds of soldiers, security forces and innocent civilians killed in the Province during (and after) the so-called "troubles". I should say you are welcome to the shit hole, but that would be a disservice to all the friends and colleagues I know from the area, who don't have such a one-eyed view of the world. ******* disgrace? I should say so.