THE END GAME IN SYRIA ?

With Iraq now in the process of retaking Kirkuk it Seems the Kurdistan dream is off the agenda with the Turks poised to attack them from the north in Syria and Assad from the south. Could this end game mean a direct Russia/USA military clash in Syria ? Perhaps the USA will just stay in Kurd held Syria and a general armistice agreement made. Informative guardian reference article https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/21/syria-war-endgame-us-russia-conflict-washington-moscow-accidental-war

With Iraq now in the process of retaking Kirkuk it Seems the Kurdistan dream is off the agenda with the Turks poised to attack them from the north in Syria and Assad from the south. Could this end game mean a direct Russia/USA military clash in Syria ? Perhaps the USA will just stay in Kurd held Syria and a general armistice agreement made. Informative guardian reference article https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/21/syria-war-endgame-us-russia-conflict-washington-moscow-accidental-war
The article is from June and a lot has happened since not least (alleged) RuAF attacks on SDF, SAA and allies crossing the Euphrates etc. None of these incidents have led to WW3, albeit some believe were already in it.

The Pesh have reinforced Kirkuk with another 6,000: Kurdish VP : Thousands of troops sent to Kirkuk to face 'Iraqi threat'

Turkish tanks haven’t rolled across the border ..... yet: Turkey to close border gates with Northern Iraq in coordination with Baghdad, Tehran: Erdogan spox

Iraq is understandably upset but has said it won’t use troops. Whether they use the Iranian sponsored militias is another matter:
Iraq refuses talks with Kurds unless they commit to unity

It might be better (imo) to rename it ‘Kurdistan’ and get a MoD to move it under a country page. A number of existing countries are affected by the Kurd question, not least Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Russia etc. plus the current coalition support and use of the SDF.

Jihadi Jack caught

British man 'charged with being IS member'

''John Letts and Sally Lane have said that since July they have had no confirmation that their son is still alive.

They conducted a week-long "hunger-strike" in protest, claiming that the British government had not done enough to help their son''

Jihadi Jack caught

British man 'charged with being IS member'

''John Letts and Sally Lane have said that since July they have had no confirmation that their son is still alive.

They conducted a week-long "hunger-strike" in protest, claiming that the British government had not done enough to help their son''
What really cheesed me off in that article:
They conducted a week-long "hunger-strike" in protest, claiming the British government had not done enough to help their son.
I appreciate he is their son and all but he went there of his own volition - you reap what you sow.

This is in the Guardian today.

As much as I'm not a supporter of the death penalty and I also think the Home Secretary may have acted outside of his permitted remit, I do find this a difficult decision to oppose.

In fact, I laughed my nuts off!

UK will not oppose US death penalty for Isis pair

These two really aren't having much luck.

Good riddance to the pair of them!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

As much as I'm not a supporter of the death penalty and I also think the Home Secretary may have acted outside of his permitted remit, I do find this a difficult decision to oppose.

Boo hoo.

Stick 'em in Supermax until their brains run out of their ears.

Seeing as how they have apparently stripped of British citizenship, then Britain has not say in the matter.
Oh dear etc etc.

Seeing as how they have apparently stripped of British citizenship, then Britain has not say in the matter.
Oh dear etc etc.
Tbh it seems more about boosting Javids rofile as tough on terrorism (it was leaked to the Telegraph not the guardian so presumably leaked on his say so)than the actual case. As you say, they are no longer British so it's none of our business what the yanks do with them.

Tbh it seems more about boosting Javids rofile as tough on terrorism (it was leaked to the Telegraph not the guardian so presumably leaked on his say so)than the actual case. As you say, they are no longer British so it's none of our business what the yanks do with them.
The Guardian is being very selective on what it publishes at the moment.

They’ll have difficulty putting an anti brexit Spin on it.