Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

No doubt there's loads on here that have to translate my gibberish and bad Engleesh :-D

Slight drift. Someone,Englander(?), queried us using a Jockanese word. Of course that started us off, a bit of Weegie, Doric etc was posted from different quarters. I'd imagine it's the same for my fellow Jocks as it is for me. We may type in English, but I think Weegie, others do the same in their tongue.

Slight drift. Someone,Englander(?), queried us using a Jockanese word. Of course that started us off, a bit of Weegie, Doric etc was posted from different quarters. I'd imagine it's the same for my fellow Jocks as it is for me. We may type in English, but I think Weegie, others do the same in their tongue.
Me .... Born in London , brought (dragged) up in Wiltshire , moved back to London , then Essex . Now in Norfolk ... I have a strange accent and use of words

A mate of mine runs a community college course in sound engineering for the "yoot". He has worked with some very big names over the years and his course is seen as a passport to success for anyone who gets on it,
I met him once after he had done a shed load of interviews with prospective students and he was horrified that none could speak proper English.
He said that he rejected anyone that said "INNIT" twice during the interview.
Knowone made the grade.
He's going to be lacking students if he was in my area. The dialect is WENGLISH. Some very odd uses of the language.
Ain't, Ent, Tent. All mean the same thing but in different contexts.

Tidy. Has loads of different meanings.
I'd go on but there's just too many to write out.

Myself...Born and brought up in Glasgow, joined up, left in Plymouth, now in South Hams. Still speak and think Weegie.
Forgot to mention a couple of years in Kent as well , plus a time in Germany and came back with a broad Suffolk accent as all the lads I was stationed with seemed to come from there :-D

I think “Get me?” & “Bruv” are more prevalent nowadays. Often they’re put together, you get me bruv?
Also that thing they call ‘vocal fry’ that the younger girls do is really annoying. I think it’s them trying to do a California, stoned style of speaking. It’s hard to describe.
Whatever, it’s ******* annoying.

Last edited:
No problem really because nobody in my club speaks anything other than English and, of course, I don't really have to meet any of the "chattering classes".

I say old boy, you must at some point have some meetings with the great unwashed, purchasing your woodbines, and pork scratching's , and your copy of the sun newspaper, and when out with your chums, and the memsahib, at the queen vic, for the evenings refreshments. Do not the your staff in your Surrey residence, chateau pillock, converse with you, and the tradesmen who call at your Scottish estate, exclaiming " When are you going to pay this F*** bill you cheap pikey scumbag" and such like, i mean old chap, standards must be up held!.