Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Ned_Seagoon

War Hero
Re the pushbike, I believe the filthy French have been riding something very similar but vastly inferior for years.
Indeed. There is an octogenarian (plus) in our town who pootles around on one that must be very nearly as old as he is. A fearsome sight on road as he drives like the apocryphal French fighter pilot.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought they went in one direction, then rapidly reversed, then repeated the manoeuvre?

Why do think their tanks are set up with five reverse gears then?

Talk of giving Shamima Begum the death penalty made me come across the story of the sadist who hanged Nazi war criminals and how he died. It's a very enlightening read, and will give people some warm thoughts. But the Emperor was the reason the hangman died. He was changing a lightbulb that was above a wet floor, and he ended up electrocuting himself.

Talk of giving Shamima Begum the death penalty made me come across the story of the sadist who hanged Nazi war criminals and how he died. It's a very enlightening read, and will give people some warm thoughts. But the Emperor was the reason the hangman died. He was changing a lightbulb that was above a wet floor, and he ended up electrocuting himself.

I remember seeing a documentary about Albert Pierrepoint, the last British hangman. He conducted a number of hangings of convicted nazis, but was very scathing of the American methods. Albert calculated how far the condemned had to fall before the noose would come tight and snap the spinal cord, he reckoned the Americans just left them to choke to death regardless

Ducati made on that was a work of art, I shall try to find the images of one that was parked on the table at our pub
And Vincent made the firefly as well

The Cucciolo (puppy? I believe it means?) is very a pretty piece of engineering. I had forgotten about the Firefly!

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

NSP

LE
I remember seeing a documentary about Albert Pierrepoint, the last British hangman. He conducted a number of hangings of convicted nazis, but was very scathing of the American methods. Albert calculated how far the condemned had to fall before the noose would come tight and snap the spinal cord, he reckoned the Americans just left them to choke to death regardless
This is a pretty good watch if you've an interest in the life and times of ol' Albert:-

anglo

LE
Driver, freck it's the police
EM, bang yer foot down they'll never catch you in your beamer
Driver, frecking right on

30886156-8533995-image-m-69_1595000566543.jpg
30886158-8533995-image-a-67_1595000539717.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Driver, freck it's the police
EM, bang yer foot down they'll never catch you in your beamer
Driver, frecking right on

View attachment 490592View attachment 490593
Yorkshire, two blokes in their 20s, expensive car. Why do I get the feeling when the names are released they will be from families with a background in the Indian subcontinent?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Yorkshire, two blokes in their 20s, expensive car. Why do I get the feeling when the names are released they will be from families with a background in the Indian subcontinent?

Never mind all that stuff - Is it a Darwin?

Kirkz

LE
Said this before on here.
I used to drink in the Rose & Crown that Albert Pierrepoint had years ago.
I remember a bloke saying to him "I don't know how you sleep at night Albert"
"Very soundly" was Alberts reply.
He also had a sign with a noose on it that said No Hanging Around the Bar.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
The Emperor has been on holiday for a few weeks
he has been visiting Queensland and dispensing sage advice to the locals
this chap listened and acted
before he sold his F40 Ferrari, he decided to give it a shake down run, on old hardened tyres, oh and dont bother about insurance, whats the worse than can happen ???

View attachment 490830

View attachment 490831

Mongnum PI had a bad day.

Latest Threads