The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Becky Jones has a good old weep about her car being broken into while having a meal with her boyfriend and posts it on Social Meedja.

Call me old fashioned, but leaving your Gym Bag, your shopping, and even worse, leaves her NHS ID Badge in full view on the front seat of her car was inviting trouble.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Becky Jones has a good old weep about her car being broken into while having a meal with her boyfriend and posts it on Social Meedja.

Call me old fashioned, but leaving your Gym Bag, your shopping, and even worse, leaves her NHS ID Badge in full view on the front seat of her car was inviting trouble.

Yes, but now the clapping has stopped how else will we recognise her as one of de NHS Angles?

I'm quite surprised to see the ID still there.

it's not her fault and she's a hero etc

I hope she gets to see this;

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
EM has been advising a South African Bank on Computer Security.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sunday-...-bank-cards-after-employees-steal-master-key/
The Postbank is having to replace about 12-million bank cards at a cost of R1bn after a major security breach that exposes the personal data of millions of social-grant beneficiaries and other account holders.

The breach resulted from the printing of the bank's encrypted master key in plain, unencrypted digital language at the Postbank's old data centre in the Pretoria city centre. According to a number of internal Postbank reports, which the Sunday Times obtained, the master key was then stolen by employees.

One of the reports said that the cards would cost about R1bn to replace. The master key, a 36-digit code, allows anyone who has it to gain unfettered access to the bank's systems, and allows them to read and rewrite account balances, and change information and data on any of the bank's 12-million cards.
This is the equivalent of going away on holiday for a month and leaving your front door wide open with a 'We'll be back in 4 weeks" sign on it.

The bank, once it had wafted away the purple smoke from its data centre, has lost $3.2 million to fraud, and is now facing a $58 million bill to replace all the bank cards.

Genius...

Wordsmith

Penguin142

War Hero
EM has been advising a South African Bank on Computer Security.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sunday-...-bank-cards-after-employees-steal-master-key/

This is the equivalent of going away on holiday for a month and leaving your front door wide open with a 'We'll be back in 4 weeks" sign on it.

The bank, once it had wafted away the purple smoke from its data centre, has lost $3.2 million to fraud, and is now facing a $58 million bill to replace all the bank cards.

Genius...

Wordsmith
I have an account with SA Post Office for my shrapnel collections, thankfully it is a book I can check every time. Me old fashioned? Yes and careful with it.

Arreton, Isle of Wight has a series of touristy attractions, a pub, and a pretty good farm shop in a complex called Arreton Barns.

Quite a large car park, with wooden fences showing the various bits of parking areas. But not that substantial fences........

Elderly couple, 4x4, automatic transmission and the Emperor Mong whispering either "The brake pedal is the one on the right" or "Reverse is the one marked D"........

Or possibly both.

The Southern Vectis bus company now needs a new bus shelter, and the Parish Council needs to replace a couple of flower planters. The elderly couple probably need a new car.

But there were no serious injuries.

2020 Barns car accident July 14 no number plate.jpg

He nearly had me this morning.
Reached into the cupboard still half asleep looking for my Beconase spray for my Hayfever.

Bottle is found, top is taken off, hmmm its a bit stiff.. Wipe the sleep from my eyes and find I'm about to stick a tube of Gorilla Glue up my nose.

On the bright side, I wouldn't have had Hayfever, no pollen inside of A&E is there. I swear I heard the bastard cursing me.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Arreton, Isle of Wight has a series of touristy attractions, a pub, and a pretty good farm shop in a complex called Arreton Barns.

Quite a large car park, with wooden fences showing the various bits of parking areas. But not that substantial fences........

Elderly couple, 4x4, automatic transmission and the Emperor Mong whispering either "The brake pedal is the one on the right" or "Reverse is the one marked D"........

Or possibly both.

The Southern Vectis bus company now needs a new bus shelter, and the Parish Council needs to replace a couple of flower planters. The elderly couple probably need a new car.

But there were no serious injuries.

View attachment 489908
I bet thats the first time its ever been off road !!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
So my little Mancunian genius in the making, let not thyself become tired by using your legs to transport yourself
why you are a genius in the mould of the Gallagher brothers
make like the high flying bird and transform yourself into a god like being
and amuse your fellow youths into the bargain, why tis such a fine scheme you may be a millionaire next year

Mancunian Yoot hots up his BMX

Manchester's finest had to explain the finer points of the Construction and use regs and highway code to him
sellotape and clingfilm do not feature highly in Hondas motorcycle production systems

Manchester Road, Walkden
Good effort however #fail
Rider reported, cycle now becomes a motor vehicle Dangerous condition

1594930471731.png

NSP

LE
So my little Mancunian genius in the making, let not thyself become tired by using your legs to transport yourself
and amuse your fellow youths into the bargain, why tis such a fine scheme you may be a millionaire next year

Manchester's finest had to explain the finer points of the Construction and use regs and highway code to him
sellotape and clingfilm do not feature highly in Hondas motorcycle production systems

Manchester Road, Walkden

View attachment 490274
I got a BEng in part off the back of doing a design report on a two-stroke (?) engine designed to be bolted to a push-bike. Can't remember what is was called, though. If I could be bothered I'd go and look in the cupboard and see if I've still got it amongst all my other coursework.

Edited to add: this rings a bell:-

Last edited:

Manchester Road, Walkden

View attachment 490274
Good effort I thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheel

LE

Manchester Road, Walkden

View attachment 490274
Rider reported wow, FFS Josh did you never make things when you were a kid ?.

Us Northern monkeys say appen, not appin.
You fight on...don’t let the cultural appropriation go on...or something.
Not sure whether to do a Dave Spart or Student Grant thing here.
Fucking hell, how did I become middle class?

Latest Threads