The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
prints we all laugh at in Army cookhouses,
The orange sunset. Ah memories.

About 1986, Worthy Down patch. Knock at door. "Buy an oversized print?"

"Did you see the sign at the entrance, 'This is a prohibited place within the meaning of the Official Secrets Act, 1939'? Have you had clearance from Garrison HQ to enter the site? I'm calling the guardroom now."

To say they fúcked off in a hurry would be an understatement.

We didn't get many (we did get some) scam telephone calls in the 80s.

I fear EM had perchance whispered in your shell like, Sunday 15 December 2013 01:01. That said I wouldn't have been surprised to find today's date on it.
How very astute of you to point out that, having learned its lesson, the NHS completely and irrevocably stopped spunking £Millions of taxpayers cash up the wall after December 2013.

So on average every trust has spent £2,365 on art over nine years. And there's certainly medical research that suggests that art can improve rates of recovery over looking at blank walls. That said, I'd be happier if each trust had bought a small number of 'good' (I appreciate this is relative) pictures rather than a couple fo grand's worth of the prints we all laugh at in Army cookhouses, but you can't have everything I suppose.
I'd counter your claims of pretty pictures healing the sick with the somewhat empirical research that the customer base would much prefer the NHS to have the necessary equipment and protective clothing available when and where it's needed, rather than the feeble excuse that the funds were pissed away on some overpriced daubs of paint and random scrap metal structures.

I'd counter your claims of pretty pictures healing the sick with the somewhat empirical research that the customer base would much prefer the NHS to have the necessary equipment and protective clothing available when and where it's needed, rather than the feeble excuse that the funds were pissed away on some overpriced daubs of paint and random scrap metal structures.
But then most sitting rooms I see into have a single piucture of the troglodyte occupants* and a BFO flat screen television so I'm not sure how far I value their opinion on what's a daub and/or overpriced and whether it matches up with what they'd call value for money.

* To be fair, it's sometimes hard to tell if they close the curtains or I can't see through the bushes with my binos.

But then most sitting rooms I see into have a single piucture of the troglodyte occupants* and a BFO flat screen television so I'm not sure how far I value their opinion on what's a daub and/or overpriced and whether it matches up with what they'd call value for money.

* To be fair, it's sometimes hard to tell if they close the curtains or I can't see through the bushes with my binos.
Have a cookie.

Have a cookie.

Thanks. I forgot to panic buy any before taking to my home office. I've also got more hair than Mr Stick.

I didn't miss the point, I just thought it was more fun to look at the opinions behind the original piece rather than leap on the outrage bus. I agree, it's hard to justify spending cash from an NHS capital budget on anything other than hospitals, maintenance or medical kit. On the other hand we seem to have become a nation of people who know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

It's also the square root of bugger all in total budget terms over that period. I supect the trusts spent a bigger combined total on biscuits, or repairing damage casued by people who'd prefer they didn't buy art. They definitely spent many (many) times that amount on payouts for avoidable fckwittery.

Licking toilet seats for a TikTok challenge. What could possibly go wrong?

California 'influencer' says he is in hospital with coronavirus just days after posting a video of himself licking a toilet bowl for a revolting TikTok challenge

Larz previously appeared on Dr Phil with another influencer Bameron Kall, 20, where they discussed how they had licked tubs of ice cream and spat mouthwash back into the bottle in viral videos

I do hope this moron who obviously has the IQ of a turd dies a slow and painful death.

I'd also like to rid the internet of this kind of stupidity permanently by suggesting that all "Internet Influencers" lick toilet bowls in public toilets.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Licking toilet seats for a TikTok challenge. What could possibly go wrong?

California 'influencer' says he is in hospital with coronavirus just days after posting a video of himself licking a toilet bowl for a revolting TikTok challenge

Larz previously appeared on Dr Phil with another influencer Bameron Kall, 20, where they discussed how they had licked tubs of ice cream and spat mouthwash back into the bottle in viral videos

I do hope this moron who obviously has the IQ of a turd dies a slow and painful death.

I'd also like to rid the internet of this kind of stupidity permanently by suggesting that all "Internet Influencers" lick toilet bowls in public toilets.
Anything that increases the global IQ is fine by me.

Does anyone know if EM (PBUH) covers China?

'eat the bat, what's the worst that could happen?'
I was under the impression it was pangolin(s) from the local open air street market?

Emperor was in Oz and whispered in this idiots ear to go to his bail appearance pretending he had CV, worked out well.

At Christmas myself and my old civvy mates always go away for a long weekend - this year I took on the chore of doing the cooking for Sunday but decided to rope in the others to chop the veggies.

I hand a veg knife and one of those Santoku knifes (scarily sharp) to my mate and inform him to crack on - with the warning “be careful, this one is really sharp”.

I am sure he heard a slight whisper telling him “don’t worry, it can’t be that sharp - you can keep watching the football and only pay part of your attention to the veg”.

He is a paramedic - ‘Physician, heal thyself...’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I forgot to panic buy any before taking to my home office. I've also got more hair than Mr Stick.

I didn't miss the point, I just thought it was more fun to look at the opinions behind the original piece rather than leap on the outrage bus. I agree, it's hard to justify spending cash from an NHS capital budget on anything other than hospitals, maintenance or medical kit. On the other hand we seem to have become a nation of people who know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

It's also the square root of bugger all in total budget terms over that period. I supect the trusts spent a bigger combined total on biscuits, or repairing damage casued by people who'd prefer they didn't buy art. They definitely spent many (many) times that amount on payouts for avoidable fckwittery.
Good ol' whataboutery.

That's the ticket.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
How very astute of you to point out that, having learned its lesson, the NHS completely and irrevocably stopped spunking £Millions of taxpayers cash up the wall after December 2013.
Which is exactly not what I said, well done you.

Old-Salt
EM hard at work in Africa according to a BBC News report (Darwin thread competitor too):

A man in Rwanda who breached the ongoing lockdown to reportedly go fishing has been killed and eaten by a crocodile, the mayor of the southern Kamonyi district has told the BBC.

Alice Kayitesi said the Wednesday morning incident happened in the Nyabarongo river.

"He had broken the stay-home rule, he’s among very few people here who are not co-operating with the lockdown to stop the [corona]virus," Ms Kayitesi said.

At least we only get a police fine!

EM hard at work in Africa according to a BBC News report (Darwin thread competitor too):

A man in Rwanda who breached the ongoing lockdown to reportedly go fishing has been killed and eaten by a crocodile, the mayor of the southern Kamonyi district has told the BBC.

Alice Kayitesi said the Wednesday morning incident happened in the Nyabarongo river.

"He had broken the stay-home rule, he’s among very few people here who are not co-operating with the lockdown to stop the [corona]virus," Ms Kayitesi said.

At least we only get a police fine!
Let the BFO crocs out from the zoo to patrol the streets - instant compliance and a weeding out of the gene pool - job jobbed.

Latest Threads