The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
EM: Go on, my cash-strapped underlings - spunk your health budget up the wall on overpriced artworks. I'ts not as if you might need the money for protective equipment or even paper face masks at any time in the future.

NHS: Hold our beer prosecco and watch this.,,

Fantastic quote from one Paula O'Malley who is obviously fighting for more money for her job:

Paula O’Malley, Aintree’s arts co-ordinator, said the art spending also benefited the city: “We believe we are now the largest art gallery in Liverpool. In a time of tightening public finances, it’s a win-win approach.”

No mention of patients I notice.

Fantastic quote from one Paula O'Malley who is obviously fighting for more money for her job:

Paula O’Malley, Aintree’s arts co-ordinator, said the art spending also benefited the city: “We believe we are now the largest art gallery in Liverpool. In a time of tightening public finances, it’s a win-win approach.”

No mention of patients I notice.
Most big gallerys (and museums) don't have anything like enough space to display all their exhibits. Most galleries allow loans of works

Most big gallerys (and museums) don't have anything like enough space to display all their exhibits. Most galleries allow loans of works

I just wonder if I could "borrow" a Monet, a Klimt, or even perhaps, a Turner.

I'd always thought that "The Fighting Temeraire" would look good in our upstairs landing.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Sorry. I have read the article again and was under the impression the art was purchased and not borrowed.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

I'd always thought that "The Fighting Temeraire" would look good in our upstairs landing.
I'm sure you could have decided on something better for that sinking feeling.

Sorry. I have read the article again and was under the impression the art was purchased and not borrowed.
Yes, point was that they should have borrowed the artwork, not bought it.

A Trust I worked at a while ago had artwork from final year art graduates on the walls of the corridors with details of how to get in touch with the Uni to purchase them after the Trust had finished with them.

Incidentally most Uni's have degree shows where Joe Public can buy works by graduates. The Uni takes a cut, the student gets something and you never know, you might have a future Hurst, Emin or Taylor-Wood on your wall. I've got a couple of pieces by cousin_mush at home and although she's not famous, despite working as a curator at The Tate Liverpool, who knows.

Already have this in our hall.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
EM: Go on, my cash-strapped underlings - spunk your health budget up the wall on overpriced artworks. I'ts not as if you might need the money for protective equipment or even paper face masks at any time in the future.

I fear EM had perchance whispered in your shell like, Sunday 15 December 2013 01:01. That said I wouldn't have been surprised to find today's date on it.

Isn't that "Reflections from a bridge" by Albert Cholmondeley-Walker? If it is it's upside down, though I admit I could be wrong. :cool:
Close.

I do believe it's "Reflections in a Pool of Vomit on a Friday Night in Glesca" by Ivy Gotheboak

Already have this in our hall.
Why is there a big white dick in the large centre top building on the right? Is it like where's Waldo ' Where's the dildo?'

So on average every trust has spent £2,365 on art over nine years. And there's certainly medical research that suggests that art can improve rates of recovery over looking at blank walls. That said, I'd be happier if each trust had bought a small number of 'good' (I appreciate this is relative) pictures rather than a couple fo grand's worth of the prints we all laugh at in Army cookhouses, but you can't have everything I suppose.

Latest Threads