The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Used to do that in the winters in Germany, at low temps diesel used to start to solidify. Adding petrol helped keep it liquid.
Father_mush used to do the opposite, used to add a pint of diesel to a full tank of petrol. He claimed it helped the lubrication of the engine like adding oil to a two-stroke.

Morning @Wightsparker,
Occassionally read about this guy's endeavours over the years and thought he's a potential Darwin candidate. Must admit, I thought he was already dead.
Worryingly. I can't help but feel a sneaking admiration for him. After all, the world must be flat. If it wasn't, then there couldn't be floods because the water would just flow away downhill.

Worryingly. I can't help but feel a sneaking admiration for him. After all, the world must be flat. If it wasn't, then there couldn't be floods because the water would just flow away downhill.
It's clearly round. We're at the top so we get rain and floods. Australia, being underneath us, is shielded from the rain clouds so is dry.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Good point. The only logical answer is that the Sun does in fact orbit the Earth. Makes sense, you stay still but the Sun moves across the sky. QED.
You education people are all the same. It's flat I tell you, flat.

I would have thought that by now everyone knows that it floats on a sea of milk in a large tray supported by four large elephants! (According to some religion or other.)

triggerigger

War Hero

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Used to do that in the winters in Germany, at low temps diesel used to start to solidify. Adding petrol helped keep it liquid.
In Gütersloh I had my VW diesel Golf suffer from jellified diesel. Had to stick the wifes hairdryer under the bonnet and leave it there for around 30 minutes so at least the engine would start, I was then able to proceed at warp factor slug onto camp. Around 20% dilution with benzin, not super, fixed the problem.
There was a bloke in Brüggen who under cover of darkness fuelled his VW Scirroco with diesel from a canister, "borrowed" from a container with assorted canisters with benzin and diesel. EM must have advised him not to bother checking, end result he too crawled at warp factor slug, from Brüggen to Roermond.

In Gütersloh I had my VW diesel Golf suffer from jellified diesel. Had to stick the wifes hairdryer under the bonnet and leave it there for around 30 minutes so at least the engine would start, I was then able to proceed at warp factor slug onto camp. Around 20% dilution with benzin, not super, fixed the problem.
There was a bloke in Brüggen who under cover of darkness fuelled his VW Scirroco with diesel from a canister, "borrowed" from a container with assorted canisters with benzin and diesel. EM must have advised him not to bother checking, end result he too crawled at warp factor slug, from Brüggen to Roermond.
Should've used AVTUR FSII ;)

Latest Threads