The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
His Purpleness has got me good!

Last Thursday, the beginning twinges of a bit of toothache, nothing serious, but could be.

Struggle all day Friday trying to get into a dentist to no avail, actually get told to go to A&E by the last one.

Duly, as told visit A&E , who can do nothing as I suspected.

Get put onto NHS111, who supposedly can help. Answer a ton of questions and get nowhere.

This is where his purpleness sticks his oar in, telling me to wait until Monday, and just turn up at the dentist, and insist in being seen.

Well, his suggestion definitely worked, Saturday night was mildly entertaining, but was basically controlled by plenty of paracetamol and ibuprofen in relays.

Sunday day, still okish, perhaps this was the lull before the storm.

Sunday night, a about 10pm I can only assume that the Atom bomb ‘Little Boy’ was dropped successfully on the left hand of my face, followd by the eruption of Krakatoa.

Nothing I’d touching the pain, and I was seriously debating paracetamol/I Ibuprofen poisoning as a contender, fortunately found some tramadol and codein.
Monday morning drags it’s slow sorry arse into sight.

Head to dentist, which is above our GPS.

Dentist open later than GP, pop into GP to obtain extra painkillers.

He looks a little concerned, but is relieved that I’m seeing the dentist, and doesn’t think I’ll have a problem getting and appointment.

Gives me a shit ton of painkillers, and points me upstairs.

Arrive in dental office, am told even before I open my mouth that the dentist will see me.

Dentist basically says, shall she call the ambulance or me.

(I’ve neglected to mention that by this time I look like Sloth from the Goonies.

Admitted to hospital Monday morning, had to be transferred by ambulance as I could no longer swallow, and airway was closing. have lost 2 teeth (f5 and f6 I think), have an Andrews drain ? In my gum, and have potentially damaged the nerves in my face, leaving it numb.

Stuck in hospital until tomorrow.

So, I think that must be a contender as one of his pronouncements.

That is obviously what happens when you over cook the pork crackling though I trust you are feeling better by now.

Last Thursday, the beginning twinges of a bit of toothache, nothing serious, but could be.

Struggle all day Friday trying to get into a dentist to no avail, actually get told to go to A&E by the last one.

Get put onto NHS111, who supposedly can help. Answer a ton of questions and get nowhere.

This is where his purpleness sticks his oar in, telling me to wait until Monday, and just turn up at the dentist, and insist in being seen.

Well, his suggestion definitely worked, Saturday night was mildly entertaining, but was basically controlled by plenty of paracetamol and ibuprofen in relays.

Sunday night, a about 10pm I can only assume that the Atom bomb ‘Little Boy’ was dropped successfully on the left hand of my face, followd by the eruption of Krakatoa.

Nothing I’d touching the pain, and I was seriously debating paracetamol/I Ibuprofen poisoning as a contender, fortunately found some tramadol and codein.

He looks a little concerned, but is relieved that I’m seeing the dentist, and doesn’t think I’ll have a problem getting and appointment.

Arrive in dental office, am told even before I open my mouth that the dentist will see me.

(I’ve neglected to mention that by this time I look like Sloth from the Goonies.

Admitted to hospital Monday morning, had to be transferred by ambulance as I could no longer swallow, and airway was closing. have lost 2 teeth (f5 and f6 I think), have an Andrews drain ? In my gum, and have potentially damaged the nerves in my face, leaving it numb.

Not quite been there, seen it, done it etc, but fairly close. I can therefore more or less imagine the state you were and still are in. Get well soon.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I love a bit of Ludwig's angina

Hopefully the parathesia will wear off with time.

Sounds like the abscess from Hell. My assessment of pain changed after a dental abscess.

At least you're a civvie now and didn't have to see an Army dentist, which would have made what you went through seem, in comparison, like a pleasure....
No offence @Fang_Farrier ....

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
At least you're a civvie now and didn't have to see an Army dentist, which would have made what you went through seem, in comparison, like a pleasure....
No offence @Fang_Farrier ....
Indeed, the civilian approach of nobody seeing him worked so well!

Schmoe

War Hero
I love a bit of Ludwig's angina

Hopefully the parathesia will wear off with time.
That’s sounds exactly like what’s happened. Will ask the Dr on rounds this morning, hopefully i will be released back into the wilds as nature intended today.

Will let you know what the Dr says.

This was genius,
The cat is too heavy to travel in the cabin, so find a similar cat, have that one weighed, swap cats and away you go.

until EM advised him to boast about it on social media

This was genius,
The cat is too heavy to travel in the cabin, so find a similar cat, have that one weighed, swap cats and away you go.

until EM advised him to boast about it on social media
The EM is a scamp, isn't he?

I bet he was having kittens whilst waiting for it to all fall into place.

It's like I've always told the lads in my drug-running gang, don't put anything on social media. :nod:

Latest Threads