The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Strong cheap cider is for winners eh... can you still get a bottle of patio cleaner wine for under a fiver?
Not here in Scotland anymore, unfortunately. Price of strong cheap cider has also been pegged at a ludicrous rate, to stop Scots alcoholics drinking it. As if!

Are there 'stack em high' booze warehouses just South of the Border, like the old days of the ones in Calais for the booze day-trippers?
None handy for me, but a trip to Berwick upon Tweed now incorporates a trip to Asda for restocking. While I can afford the inflated prices for previously cheap items I refuse to pay them. Malt whisky is for winners

Emperor persuaded a hockey team to fire some streamers up to celebrate a win. Electricity pylon close by but what could possibly go wrong?

20 hurt when the high-voltage cables were hit by the garlands, the electricity was conducted downwards via the iron fence around the site where onlookers were standing. The electricity also traveled to the canteen and the changing rooms where people that were showering were electrocuted.

Depends if you leave outside your caravan overnight.
Come now... I don't buy cheap strong cider, I wouldn't leave it out - I have more respect for the dirty filthy robbing bastard alcohol thieves and in my Marston's Pedigree tinted world, I'd like to think the dirty filthy robbing bastard alcohol thieves nicking my booze are a better class of dirty filthy robbing bastard alcohol thieves than those who'd nick cheap strong cider.

Anybody care to join me in a glass of White Lightning or two?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Emperor persuaded a hockey team to fire some streamers up to celebrate a win. Electricity pylon close by but what could possibly go wrong?

20 hurt when the high-voltage cables were hit by the garlands, the electricity was conducted downwards via the iron fence around the site where onlookers were standing. The electricity also traveled to the canteen and the changing rooms where people that were showering were electrocuted.

You missed the subsequent photo also posted to LiveLeak:
frazzled.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Any marked effect on the amount of drunkards?
Or is it all a pipe dream.
Reduction in acute alcohol related hospital admissions. Reduction in sales of high strength ciders.

Hard to judge full impact yet as figures quotes imlied that there was an increase in sales but it was slight, and it was measured in price, so if you factor in inflation and the fact that alcohol costs more, there was actually a decrease in volume sales.

However it was never expected to be a cureall, it is part of a raft of measures that should hopefully all combine to reduce alcohol comsumption. (no more BOGOFs in supermarkets, no beer or wine in the huge stacks by supermarket doors as you come in, that sort of thing)

Reduction in acute alcohol related hospital admissions. Reduction in sales of high strength ciders.

Hard to judge full impact yet as figures quotes imlied that there was an increase in sales but it was slight, and it was measured in price, so if you factor in inflation and the fact that alcohol costs more, there was actually a decrease in volume sales.

However it was never expected to be a cureall, it is part of a raft of measures that should hopefully all combine to reduce alcohol comsumption. (no more BOGOFs in supermarkets, no beer or wine in the huge stacks by supermarket doors as you come in, that sort of thing)
They've all moved on to home brew.

Come now... I don't buy cheap strong cider, I wouldn't leave it out - I have more respect for the dirty filthy robbing bastard alcohol thieves and in my Marston's Pedigree tinted world, I'd like to think the dirty filthy robbing bastard alcohol thieves nicking my booze are a better class of dirty filthy robbing bastard alcohol thieves than those who'd nick cheap strong cider.

Anybody care to join me in a glass of White Lightning or two?
I admire the more discerning alcohol thief.

I admire the more discerning alcohol thief.
Thought you might... hell has a very special place for alcohol thieves.

God told me that during an all dayer in the Angel and Harp public bar. Well I think it was God but it may have been the local hymn singing alkie.

"A Japanese man has died on a flight from Mexico City after ingesting 246 bags of cocaine.
The flight, bound for Japan's Narita International Airport, had to make an emergency landing in Mexico's Sonora state after he began to have seizures."
"Authorities said the man, identified as Udo N, died of a cerebral edema caused by a drug overdose."

Man dies on plane after ingesting 246 cocaine bags

He passed away before he could pass them out.

Also reported in the Japan Times but ARRSE doesn't like long URLs