The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

He's a total cock, gelatine and stearol aren't listed in allergens either and Tesco are very good at labeling stuff suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
I can just see him running round his yurt sticking his fingers down his throat trying the chuck up six years worth of pudding crying into his tofu and soya milk.

I can just see him running round his yurt sticking his fingers down his throat trying the chuck up six years worth of pudding crying into his tofu and soya milk.
Nah he's a vegetarian, they are too lightweight for soya milk, half hearted half measures.

If+your+trying+to+tempt+me+with+that+veggie++_70eba42cf69f91abc49057fa3e485a03.jpg

I wonder if His Excellency has been dining at Hawksmoor recently...

Bottle of plonk for Sir

A lucky diner was accidentally served a £4,500 bottle of red wine at a restaurant.​
The diner ordered a £260 Bordeaux but received the bottle "of the same vintage" which was 17 times the price.​
"The wine went out and was served to the customer but...​
"The customer didn't know and it was only afterwards that one of the managers picked up what had happened."​

What does that say about the wine they serve?.

I wonder if His Excellency has been dining at Hawksmoor recently...

Bottle of plonk for Sir

A lucky diner was accidentally served a £4,500 bottle of red wine at a restaurant.​
The diner ordered a £260 Bordeaux but received the bottle "of the same vintage" which was 17 times the price.​
"The wine went out and was served to the customer but...​
"The customer didn't know and it was only afterwards that one of the managers picked up what had happened."​

What does that say about the wine they serve?.
I had a similar experience in the 80s' with the first mrs_mush. We were celebrating our anniversary in a restaurant in Southport and I decided to treat ourselves to a bottle of champagne so ordered a low priced bottle. I think it was about £15. I didn't take much notice of it when it was poured other than that it was quite pleasant

Halfway through the meal, the head waiter comes over and asks if we're enjoying our champagne. "Yes, very nice I replied", he then told us that the waiter who served us had served us the wrong bottle and we were drinking Louis Roederer Cristal at nearly £100.

He just then smiled and said "Enjoy, don't worry about it" I can imagine the waiter had a hefty deduction from his wages that week

Go on Aldi marketing team, no one in Scotland reads the papers anyway.

Aldi claims to invent Square Sliced Sausage

Scottish Twitter reacts to Aldi's claim of 'inventing square sausage'
Extracted this from your link, it made me smile:
"An Aldi spokeswoman said the sausages, costing £1.79 for 340g, would be available for a limited time only. "
That equals "oh f**k let's get shot of this one ASAP".

AL1. Of course a sausage that smells of sulphur would not necessarily be a winner anyway.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They're not sausages. They're just patties of sausage meat. A real sausage comes in a skin.
Lorne sausage has no skin.

When I were a lad, local butcher did 2 types of sausage. Round or square.

Square was Lorne, shaped in a loaf tin, cut into slices.

Can't remember how round was held together but was approx 3inch diameter cut into slices.

No wee link sausage at all