The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

EM "You're a drug dealer don't waste money on security systems get yourself a Parrot."

Parrot Taken Into Custody After Allegedly Alerting Crack Dealers to Police

A parrot that authorities say was trained to alert drug dealers to the presence of police has been apprehended.

Brazilian news reports detailed the parrot's seizing, which went down amid the Northern Brazil raid of a property where a couple was accused of selling crack. The parrot has not been named in reports but is said by regional police to have been trained by the suspects to shout about cops' looming presence in the Vila Irmã Dulce community.

"So far [the parrot] hasn't made a sound … completely silent," a local reporter said of the bird, who's said to be "super obedient."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At least Polly knows when to keep it's mouth shut.

ps: I did have to check whether the Date on the report was April 1st.
Never trust a bird
PBF175-Boss.png

Last edited:
OS/2 was a decent real-time operating system, and at one point had nearly the same number of copies running out in the world, but as these were mainly Point-of-Sale systems and ATMs, no-one noticed, apart from Microsoft who needed to get Windows/NT out there as fast as possible and then subsequently embed Windows XP into said POS and ATMs.
DOS shirley?

Not quite.

IBM contracted MicroSoft to write an OS for their PC, PC/DOS, considered by most to be better than the bloated, but functionally similar MS/DOS. Having done so, IBM contracted MicroSoft to write a second, more powerful, graphical OS, OS/2 to run on new technology RISC architecture.
Not quite. Microsoft was involved with the original OS/2 that ran on Intel. For the RISC architecture, IBM went for what they hoped would be a total game changer, running a common microkernel on the Power PC and then a choice of "personalities" that included OS/2, Unix, OS400 and probably more that I've forgotten. That "Workplace OS" effort was totally IBM (well, IBM and an army of contractors).

The back story was that Larry Louks had put together a plausible demo, and somehow persuaded management to spunk a few billion while ignoring the vast gulf between plausible demo and actual product. Which was perhaps another example of the Emperor at work.

Reference Workplace OS - Wikipedia and my now hazy memory of what was going on in Florida in the early/mid Nineties.

Just watching a program on Ocean Ranger, an- unsinkable Oil Rig.

Point 1.

Yes Emperor we will tell everyone that, nothing ever has gone wrong calling things unsinkable.

Point 2.

Is it a good idea to put a window next to an electrical control panel keeping this thing afloat?

Of course boy, it still gets hot in the North Atlantic, besides, no one would leave it open.

Point 3.

Training? It’s unsinkable, you don’t need a boat license to drive a car.

Point 4.

Lifeboats, it’s unsinkable, it’s not a risk, just stick some freshwater rowing boats on it.

(Probably been done already but first time I have seen the disaster).

and the award for best involvement in the combined fields of sexuality, science, religion, and journalism goes to EM for this

Kuwaiti ‘academic’ claims gay men have a WORM in their backside that 'feeds on semen' | Daily Mail Online
Last line in the report:
"Cross-dressing is also illegal in the Gulf state. " She's not exactly a Miss World contender, in addition to her somewhat flawed medical knowledge. I mean, everyone KNOWS homowhatsit is down to diet, don't they?

Last line in the report:
"Cross-dressing is also illegal in the Gulf state. " She's not exactly a Miss World contender, in addition to her somewhat flawed medical knowledge. I mean, everyone KNOWS homowhatsit is down to diet, don't they?
A diet of worms?

I'll get me coat...

1coat.gif

Last line in the report:

HTF would they know ?

Unless the poofters were wearing taupe or lavender nighties, instead of the butch, masculine, white nighties ?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Man sold car after 'driving at 153mph'

Not entirely convinced this one belongs here as no-one dies or is injured!

The Corporal in question was caught speeding but due to some fast trading managed to sell his car before any further action could be taken.

Wonder what the grown ups will think of his loss of licence for 2 years though