The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Fark me, the Emperor scored a beauty here.

Apparently Nike have been selling sneakers that have electronic lacing capability that need a smartphone app to work (as well as being able to customise the light display on the shoe). Due to a faulty firmware update, some people are unable to use their $350 sneakers because they won't lace up.

Nike’s self-lacing sneakers turn into bricks after faulty firmware update
Obviously the boot up failed.

I'll get my coat . . . Taxi!

Dunno about this one. The wolf was in trouble and survived because of them.
I agree in this case it turned out well. I just can't help seeing the hand of Mong involved in putting a cold wolf in the back seat of your car and warming it up, especially if it had been a bit older or more pissed off.

"Bless you my foolish children, absolutely no difficulties whatsoever in substituting one dismal recruitment policy failure with a worse one.

Just say the magic words "Positive Action" loudly, clearly and continuously. No matter what grotesque idiocy you indulge in, all will be well You can trust me on this."

Police force discriminated against white heterosexual male, tribunal rules
Ah yes: "Affirmative action" or racism/sexism as it's known when it's applied to anyone except you straight, male f*ckin' crackers...

"Bless you my foolish children, absolutely no difficulties whatsoever in substituting one dismal recruitment policy failure with a worse one.

Just say the magic words "Positive Action" loudly, clearly and continuously. No matter what grotesque idiocy you indulge in, all will be well You can trust me on this."

Police force discriminated against white heterosexual male, tribunal rules
Unfortunately, shit like this just isn't funny anymore - it's the norm and indicative of the fucked up country we live in.

Unfortunately, shit like this just isn't funny anymore - it's the norm and indicative of the fucked up country we live in.
Indeed, it was never funny at all.
I believe very strongly in equality, but I object far more strongly to this sort of crap. It's irrelevant if candidates are straight/gay/some alphabet soup/black/white/brown/yellow/green/polka-dot purple spots it should be employ the best candidate.
There is NO excuse for discrimination in any direction.

Indeed, it was never funny at all.
I believe very strongly in equality, but I object far more strongly to this sort of crap. It's irrelevant if candidates are straight/gay/some alphabet soup/black/white/brown/yellow/green/polka-dot purple spots it should be employ the best candidate.
There is NO excuse for discrimination in any direction.
Quite. Unfortunately the Public Services are prone to buy into the "Positive Action" but through individuals not really understanding what is permissible can quickly veer into undoubted Positive Discrimination which works to the detriment of all.

My local Fire Service for example, which is I understand in deep ordure on various fronts having indulged in particularly stupid behaviours to tick the diversity boxes.

Then there was that particularly idiotic BTP episode....

Dunno about this one. The wolf was in trouble and survived because of them.
Many years ago when it was under previous ownership we were at Dartmoor Zoo at Sparkwell and there was one of the staff outside the restaurant with a large but 'not quite right' German Shepherd on a lead. You could take dogs into that zoo and we had our Rotts so we got talking to the girl and it was a juvenile wolf. Apparently she used to take them into town on the bus until they got to the stage that they looked too wolfish. It was only interested in playing with our mutts and was no problem at all.

Last edited:
In her later years my Nan mentioned she had bought a few tins of stewed steak.
My dads spider sense kicked in and looked in the cupboard, then took them telling her that they were out of date. We didn’t know and didn’t want to know if she had already eaten one of the tins of what were actually dog food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In her later years my Nan mentioned she had bought a few tins of stewed steak.
My dads spider sense kicked in and looked in the cupboard, then took them telling her that they were out of date. We didn’t know and didn’t want to know if she had already eaten one of the tins of what were actually dog food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tinned dog meat is still fit for human consumption, I used to make pet food for a firm 20 years ago and the manager used to eat it.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tinned dog meat is still fit for human consumption, I used to make pet food for a firm 20 years ago and the manager used to eat it.
I've eaten it for a bet in the past, tastes better than tinned stewed steak.