The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Maybe I am being a bit thick. I just don't understand how if someone says "if you didn't want to lace your sneakers, you just used velcro" you somehow translate that into "I laced my sneakers with velcro".

Even allowing for the Americans using their funny words, the context of the article sentence is clearly "if you didn't want to put laces in your trainers, you just used velcro instead". The author even handily included a link to trainers for toddlers that use velcro and, surprise surprise, no laces.
It's the NAAFI, no one cares.

It's the NAAFI, no one cares.
Good point but I had nothing better to do this morning.

Plus it does amuse me that the people who moan about 'snowflakes looking for things to be offended about' end up making things up to be offended by.

You could have had a ****.
Again, good idea but given I had a stack of test papers on my desk, probably not advisable. I have no desire to speak to those nice chaps from Operation Yewtree.

You could have had a ****.
No he couldn't because although he had nothing better to do this morning he still whinges about a stack of test papers on his desk and no desire to speak with certain people.

No he couldn't because although he had nothing better to do this morning he still whinges about a stack of test papers on his desk and no desire to speak with certain people.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point today, is it? I wasn't whinging, just attempting in a vaguely humorous way, to give a reason why having a wank might not have been the best idea.

Have a nice evening, you cantankerous old bugger :)

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point today, is it? I wasn't whinging, just attempting in a vaguely humorous way, to give a reason why having a **** might not have been the best idea.

There you go again trying to bring logic and reasonableness into the NAAFI.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Again, good idea but given I had a stack of test papers on my desk, probably not advisable. I have no desire to speak to those nice chaps from Operation Yewtree.
Is it not half term?

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point today, is it? I wasn't whinging, just attempting in a vaguely humorous way, to give a reason why having a **** might not have been the best idea.

Gosh, lots of words with more than one syllable. I suppose that means you must be one of those teacher things which enlighten our young and equip them for the modern (snowflake) world.