The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

The Work Of Mong or a dodgey insurance claim, place your bets.

Hurricane smashes stealth bombers

In the tradition of submerged and water damaged cars being hurriedly rebirthed and sold off to unsuspecting victims after hurricanes, how long before we see the export ban lifted and some suspiciously cheap F22's sold off to some third world country.

Last edited:
His Eminence visited the fire station I work at last night. much rain means ceiling come down. Bright bushy tail decides to use the vacuum to clear the water up....."it has a yellow top, it must be an aqua vac boss", .....try not to hurt yourself when you find the circuit breaker that has turned the fire station off".

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Never, in all my time in the RAF, heard of aircraft being 'sighted' on the ground since WW2. Of course johny foreigner might do things differently.
Just speaking from memory, (or my arrse) but I seem to recall a Sea Harrier NDing a sidewinder on an aircraft carrier during the Falklands war.

The RCAF was still bore sighting and harmonizing guns on the ground when I was in up until the mid 80s, I expect that the same applies to the CF-18s in service now.
Out of interest where was the range on the base, must have had a huge cleared area behind it.

Out of interest where was the range on the base, must have had a huge cleared area behind it.
South end of the airfield at Baden, no great cleared area, but a huge mound of sand in front of a fairly thick concrete wall as a backstop. Can't quite recall where in Cold Lake, but it would have been the same sort of arrangement.

18 rounds of 20mm through the Vulcan, 3 rounds per barrel so as not to over heat the gun at a range of 1000 inches.

South end of the airfield at Baden, no great cleared area, but a huge mound of sand in front of a fairly thick concrete wall as a backstop. Can't quite recall where in Cold Lake, but it would have been the same sort of arrangement.

18 rounds of 20mm through the Vulcan, 3 rounds per barrel so as not to over heat the gun at a range of 1000 inches.
Nice :) RAF use 30mm rounds, I used to work at an Air Weapons Range in the far North of Scotland with lots of customers, especially Jaguars, for strafing. American F111 as well, they used 20mm and there was a massive difference in the ground impact between the 2 sizes.

Has anyone told PMTM and the EU about that?

Nice :) RAF use 30mm rounds, I used to work at an Air Weapons Range in the far North of Scotland with lots of customers, especially Jaguars, for strafing. American F111 as well, they used 20mm and there was a massive difference in the ground impact between the 2 sizes.

27mm?

Jags & hunters & harriers fired 30mm. Maybe Tornado had 27mm but those new aircraft weren't on the designers board when I left the range :) In fact UK Jags had their first strafing while I was working there. It had been delayed for weeks as they awaited some special grease to arrive from France. Once it arrived it was a foggy day so couldn't fire but the pilots were trying some ingenious solutions. Like putting gooseneck flares at the aiming point (imagine a watering can with a wick in the spout, filled with paraffin), usually used as back up airfield lighting, we didn't have any.

'Why is this poor man being deported, being torn from his family?

Come right minded British tourists, this is your chance to right a wrong before the jet takes you on your holidays!.

Rise up and stop this miscarriage of justice! Let him walk the streets of Britain a free man again!'

Plus the open doors will disperse the smell of Sulpher, mwa ha ha!

Plane mutiny kept a gang rapist in the UK: Somali man whose deportation from the UK was stopped by plane passengers raped a 16-year-old girl in London and his accomplice went on to fight for ISIS
  • The deportation of Yaqub Ahmed was dramatically halted by plane passengers
  • The man, 29, was being returned to Somalia after being involved in a gang-rape
  • Passengers complained he was being separated from his family in the UK