The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

The Emperor: "Weather warnings out and about for record rainfall in an area known for flooding? Go for a drive with your mates through floodwaters!"

Got a call out at 1AM this morning to haul the driver of this Audi (coincidence?) and his three mates out of the car as it had stalled while attempting to drive through flood waters. Came back at 11AM thanks to someone calling in a flood rescue, thinking this car still had people inside(?). The water in this 11AM photo is twice as high what it was at 1AM.

With the way it's raining at the moment and the rest of the week, there's a good chance this car is going to get washed off the road soon and not found until the next creek inspection (if that).

yarp.jpg

Funnily enough we (the Rural Fire Service) got to the job first, drove in and picked the guys up and were just about to start driving them home before the State Emergency Service arrived with their boat. The SES boys have been back here a couple of times already as they've been launching boats from this road to see the extent of the damage and to try and find lost horses/livestock and the like.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
And this is why you don't play with explosives kids:

Driver of Shockwave Jet Truck dies racing two planes at 300mph after his vehicle passes giant explosion and bursts into flames

Evidently part of the show involves the detonation of "pyrotechnics" as the truck drives down the runway. However it appears that the original pyro operator may have been tied up and left behind the tyre wall by EM.

1656838186859.png

Last edited:

Driver of Shockwave Jet Truck dies racing two planes at 300mph after his vehicle passes giant explosion and bursts into flames

Evidently part of the show involves the detonation of "pyrotechnics" as the truck drives down the runway. However it appears that the original pyro operator may have been tied up and left behind the tyre wall by EM.

View attachment 674629
Yeehah!!!

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
It really pi55es me off when I watch films where Tom bl**dy Cruise / Bruce Willis / other 'ero of choice outruns an explosion. I spent 6 happy years doing explosion research and even a deflagration travels at about 100m/s and a detonation anything up to 1500m/s so unless Cruise is 10x faster than Usain Bolt ....

I'm currently having difficulty in explaining to a certain member of a regulatory body how much energy is involved in a small-ish hydrogen cloud and how it is likely to hospitalise anyone within 20m if ignited.

[/off rant]

I bet a few people there sh*t themselves .
It's India, you certainly wouldn't be able to tell from the smell.

Tool

LE
It really pi55es me off when I watch films where Tom bl**dy Cruise / Bruce Willis / other 'ero of choice outruns an explosion. I spent 6 happy years doing explosion research and even a deflagration travels at about 100m/s and a detonation anything up to 1500m/s so unless Cruise is 10x faster than Usain Bolt ....

I'm currently having difficulty in explaining to a certain member of a regulatory body how much energy is involved in a small-ish hydrogen cloud and how it is likely to hospitalise anyone within 20m if ignited.

[/off rant]
<anotherranton> ...and be able to trigger a landmine and not get the blast. afaicr, you need to do in excess of 320km/h - 200mph - to be out of the blast radius on an anti-tank mine that you trigger.
</anotherranton>

CC_TA

LE

View attachment 674629
I6NONE.gif

[/off rant]
you mean this isnt true?...im crushed

[/off rant]
Sounds like a conversation I have too frequently.

Child: When do we get to make explosions?
Me: Never in my lessons, hopefully.
Child (suspiciously lacking scars, grafts and with a full set of eyebrows): Explosions are fun.
Me: Explosions HURT.

Mong has a conveyor belt of apprentices being produced and let loose on an unsuspecting world. It doesn't help that H&S has limited the 'exciting' mixtures that can be used in schools to half a gram so they look safe. The same mixtures don't have quite the same effect when fuckwits mix up a 100 gram batch and ignite it.

Sounds like a conversation I have too frequently.

Child: When do we get to make explosions?
Me: Never in my lessons, hopefully.
Child (suspiciously lacking scars, grafts and with a full set of eyebrows): Explosions are fun.
Me: Explosions HURT.

Mong has a conveyor belt of apprentices being produced and let loose on an unsuspecting world. It doesn't help that H&S has limited the 'exciting' mixtures that can be used in schools to half a gram so they look safe. The same mixtures don't have quite the same effect when fuckwits mix up a 100 gram batch and ignite it.
Pool granulated chlorine and Jeyes fluid.
Yep. Always a winner.

Pool granulated chlorine and Jeyes fluid.
Yep. Always a winner.
I've not heard of that combination, every day a school day. Not really an explosion but still likely to cause an impressive set of burns.

Latest Threads