The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Indeed. Mr Chew's got a season ticket from Mong.
Explaining the costs, the judge said: “I wouldn’t normally impose costs as well as an immediate custodial sentence but I do so because your contempt for these proceedings has been breathtaking.”

He said: “Your behaviour doesn’t give me any confidence that your remorse is genuine. I accept that you suffer from autism, learning disabilities and some other issues, including a lack of maturity.

The court heard that Chew had a long criminal record that included five offences against a person, and three public order offences.

Goldspring said: “You were on licence at the time, and you have a significant and I would say appalling criminal record. And in particular, you have relevant convictions for public order offences.”

Goldspring also chided Chew for obstructing police officers. He said: “You chose to give your brother’s name. Unfortunately, that wasn’t something you put right immediately or indeed ever.

Eventually you were caught up with because you and your mother gave an interview to the Sun newspaper. You persisted with your not guilty plea in relation to overwhelming evidence of obstruction all the way up until the day of trial.”

Chew was given two weeks in prison for obstructing the course of justice, to run currently with his eight-week sentence.
TBH, a series of really good beasting every time he says/does something inappropriate would probably be better for him than jail. Teach the immature mong that pain is the result of his behaviour. He will learn.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Indeed. Mr Chew's got a season ticket from Mong.
Explaining the costs, the judge said: “I wouldn’t normally impose costs as well as an immediate custodial sentence but I do so because your contempt for these proceedings has been breathtaking.”

He said: “Your behaviour doesn’t give me any confidence that your remorse is genuine. I accept that you suffer from autism, learning disabilities and some other issues, including a lack of maturity.

The court heard that Chew had a long criminal record that included five offences against a person, and three public order offences.

Goldspring said: “You were on licence at the time, and you have a significant and I would say appalling criminal record. And in particular, you have relevant convictions for public order offences.”

Goldspring also chided Chew for obstructing police officers. He said: “You chose to give your brother’s name. Unfortunately, that wasn’t something you put right immediately or indeed ever.

Eventually you were caught up with because you and your mother gave an interview to the Sun newspaper. You persisted with your not guilty plea in relation to overwhelming evidence of obstruction all the way up until the day of trial.”

Chew was given two weeks in prison for obstructing the course of justice, to run currently with his eight-week sentence.

Never understood the point of concurrent sentences.

It's not like they can lock you up twice at the same time.

I had thought having grown up in Africa I knew what hot was.

Oman from May onwards is outrageous!!!!! 50C is not unknown and still in the high thirties at midnight.

Kuwait is apparently even hotter although cannot say for certain as I haven't been. Account of them being utter *********.

Played golf once in late May at around 2.30pm. Only 9 holes and by the time we got to the clubhouse was feeling quite faint. Chugged an ice cold lager and immediately spewed everywhere whilst doubled over with cramps. So much for the big African I am.
One night at Musanna, Oman, in summer 2019, just as the daytime heat was abating after sunset, the wind changed direction and it got hotter again!

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Another prat on an e-scooter tries to kill a tree.

Father, 41, dies after crashing his e-scooter into a tree: Family call for ban on 'lethal' gadgets following tragedy

Paul Mulqueen, 41, died in a Coventry hospital following crash on his e-scooter
His mother Pat believes retailers are profiting off confusion over their legality

His mother Pat Mulqueen-Wood said this week that he used his e-scooter to commute to work - adding he was likely unaware that they are outlawed on public roads unless they a rented as part of a government-backed trial.

Really?

Oh dear, how sad ....

I hope the tree has recovered.

Londo

LE
Another prat on an e-scooter tries to kill a tree.

Father, 41, dies after crashing his e-scooter into a tree: Family call for ban on 'lethal' gadgets following tragedy

Paul Mulqueen, 41, died in a Coventry hospital following crash on his e-scooter
His mother Pat believes retailers are profiting off confusion over their legality

His mother Pat Mulqueen-Wood said this week that he used his e-scooter to commute to work - adding he was likely unaware that they are outlawed on public roads unless they a rented as part of a government-backed trial.

Really?

Oh dear, how sad ....

I hope the tree has recovered.
There are easier ways to kill trees than using an e-scooter
Plus with all the almost daily warnings in the media I call bullsh*t on this .........

There are easier ways to kill trees than using an e-scooter
Plus with all the almost daily warnings in the media I call bullsh*t on this .........

Even if true, what has it got to do that he (allegedly) stacked his e-scooter into a tree hard enough for "catastrophic injuries".

NSP

LE
TBH, a series of really good beasting every time he says/does something inappropriate would probably be better for him than jail. Teach the immature mong that pain is the result of his behaviour. He will learn.
I suspect that is why he has been sent down - his attitude won't go down well with the old lags in the big house.

NSP

LE
One night at Musanna, Oman, in summer 2019, just as the daytime heat was abating after sunset, the wind changed direction and it got hotter again!
My oppo' and I decided we'd walk from the souk just outside the gate of Port Qaboos along the corniche to Muscat proper. At lunchtime. In June...

We got to the old medieval gatehouse before my lack of consideration for the 7 P's made itself felt and the failure to carry any water made itself manifest. Luckily just past the gate up a side street we saw the Muscat equivalent of a Happy Shopper, that was just closing for siesta. Threw myself on desert hospitality and the shopkeeper threw the shutter up and I bombed in and headed to the 'fridge, pulled out a 1.5l of Evian and got stuck in. Not a word from the shoppy. Feeling instant relief and rallying a bit I went to pay. Got waved off. Did a lot of right hand across to left shoulder bowing and "Salaaming" I can tell you with much "Shockran" thrown in.

We decided to flag down a knackered old Lada Riva estate taxi and go back to the boat after that, me still clutching what was left of my Evian. Air-conditioning has never felt so good. Or it would have done if if actually worked properly on that floating toilet.

NSP

LE
Whether it were a "legal" local authority scooter or not wouldn't have made a difference over his lack of experience, skill and training.

Latest Threads