The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

PUBG or getting run over by trains?

Morning @721CXT,
Both it would seem.
Screenshot_20220110-091110_DuckDuckGo.jpg

52749199-10386231-image-a-2_1641812090134.jpg

A driver was fined £100 after they were spotted with just a 'porthole' wiped clear in their misted over windscreen.

I have a very hazy memory from my singlie days in BAOR of being round one of the pads houses and running out of alcohol. A trip to the garage was planned so we dully scraped the ice off the windscreen. Trouble was, we only scraped a credit card sized area and we were all mortalled. Thankfully, sensible heads prevaled and a taxi was summoned.

I have a very hazy memory from my singlie days in BAOR of being round one of the pads houses and running out of alcohol. A trip to the garage was planned so we dully scraped the ice off the windscreen. Trouble was, we only scraped a credit card sized area and we were all mortalled. Thankfully, sensible heads prevaled and a taxi was summoned.
German Police used to fine you DM20 for each window obscured by ice or mist if memory serves.

German Police used to fine you DM20 for each window obscured by ice or mist if memory serves.
Sounds about right.
I now clear all glass (including mirrors plus bonnet and roof if there is snow) before driving.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Gwent police are quite hot on it as well.
If you get caught with misted windows or snow over a certain depth on your roof, out comes the tickets.
Not sure what the fine is though.

I had a cunning plan when I used to commute, if it snowed. I'd leave a couple of inches at the front of the roof.
When you stopped and the interior was warm enough, a bit of melt water would run down the screen, and you could use the wipers to get all the gunge off the windscreen, the washers still being frozen.

I had a cunning plan when I used to commute, if it snowed. I'd leave a couple of inches at the front of the roof.
When you stopped and the interior was warm enough, a bit of melt water would run down the screen, and you could use the wipers to get all the gunge off the windscreen, the washers still being frozen.
rubbing alcohol from the chemist - 50ml in your wash/wiper bottle.

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
Top tip;
A kettle of boiling water poured over all of the windows will clear them in no time at all.
I guarantee that it will cause no serious damage whatsoever to the windows.
MrBane Walt!

Latest Threads