The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Tidworth I remember (okay, yes, 45 years ago) it was on open garrison . There was a barrier at the guardroom, but not on Coronation Street (iirc? ) and totally open.
Indeed Tidworth was completely open, even the vehicle parks. I spent four lovely ( :rolleyes: ) years there 1970-74. Once a year road blocks (VCPs) were put up on the main roads to ensure that the MoD could claim the roads and they did not become rights of way.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Indeed Tidworth was completely open, even the vehicle parks. I spent four lovely ( :rolleyes: ) years there 1970-74. Once a year road blocks (VCPs) were put up on the main roads to ensure that the MoD could claim the roads and they did not become rights of way.
I vaguely recall (I'm probably wrong, I frequently am) that by 76 there were permanent VCPs, permanently open (probably because either we were keeping Turks and Greeks apart, or not in camp anyway, permanently on exercise as we rerôled from Chieftain to Recce on the day they closed.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
This is something that amazes me.
With 40RA they walked in through the front gate/door quite openly.
Fallingbostel in the 9o0's you had to smuggle them past the garrison guard, then hope your own regimental guard did not catch you dragging a chick into the block.

Fallingbostel in the 9o0's you had to smuggle them past the garrison guard, then hope your own regimental guard did not catch you dragging a chick into the block.
RGJs?

This is something that amazes me.
With 40RA they walked in through the front gate/door quite openly.
84 to 86 Arborfield was an open camp. We used to bring GFs in through the gate past the guards and walk them home in the morning (unless the shame was too much)

colinmc400

Old-Salt
He's only an ASDA security guard and you got a blade, you'll easily knack him.

Good man, but i really, really, really hope some twisted do-gooder doesn't try and get him for excessive force, or some other bollocks. Give him a medal, pay rise and a Happy meal and keep his ID hidden, in case of reprisals.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So something that has been going on since squaddies were invented is now suddenly an issue, I remember the "ladies" being smuggled in via a hole in the fence at Roberts Barracks, at Chepstow the Apprentices used to try and get them over the back fence under the bridge ...and we did you have you on camera.

QAs officers' mess at BMH Munster had some large ground floor windows.

Morning All,
EM visited the local restuarant/takaway and whispered in the owners ear. Last item r/h side.
20211026_141007~2.jpg

Latest Threads