The post match showers you rugger types seem to enjoy.
Forget the soap on a rope....... beware the gherkins......
A group of Welsh engineering students found themselves in the hospital last month after an initiation ritual gone awry.
gair rhydd, Cardiff University's student newspaper, reports today that members of the college's engineering department apparently caught food poisoning recently after eating gherkins that had previously been inserted into players' anuses. It was part of a hazing ritual for the department's rugby team.
Players had created a Facebook event for the initiation (of course), which explained that the endurance tests were designed to test "Strength of Stamina, " "Strength of Character," and "Strength of Stomach." The page linked to photos showing initiations from years past; activities caught on camera included flashing and ana1 egg insertions. There was also something with toilet paper, where one end was placed between a player's butt cheeks and the other end was set on fire.
The college's athletic union says that the engineering department's rugby team isn't officially recognized by the university. No word on whether or not there's going to be any disciplinary action.