The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Ah yes,

The post match showers you rugger types seem to enjoy.

Such fun.

Forget the soap on a rope....... beware the gherkins......

A group of Welsh engineering students found themselves in the hospital last month after an initiation ritual gone awry.
gair rhydd, Cardiff University's student newspaper, reports today that members of the college's engineering department apparently caught food poisoning recently after eating gherkins that had previously been inserted into players' anuses. It was part of a hazing ritual for the department's rugby team.
Players had created a Facebook event for the initiation (of course), which explained that the endurance tests were designed to test "Strength of Stamina, " "Strength of Character," and "Strength of Stomach." The page linked to photos showing initiations from years past; activities caught on camera included flashing and ana1 egg insertions. There was also something with toilet paper, where one end was placed between a player's butt cheeks and the other end was set on fire.
The college's athletic union says that the engineering department's rugby team isn't officially recognized by the university. No word on whether or not there's going to be any disciplinary action.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
I was told a tale long ago of the Queens medical students catheterising themselves on a bus back from a match in Dublin so they woudn't have to go to the toilet. A number of infections arose apparently.
I used to share a house with a doctor from QMC and I used to drink in the Johnson Arms opposite QMC (pints of Shipstones Straight Through) and I can well believe this.

The emperor was strong here

"Right lads, what's the best way to escape?"

"Er...how about driving straight into a trolley bay"

I used to share a house with a doctor from QMC and I used to drink in the Johnson Arms opposite QMC (pints of Shipstones Straight Through) and I can well believe this.
In the Johnson's I'd agree with the straight through. Whereas us cultured types drank the Shippo's in the Happy Return and didn't suffer the same fate. Down to the landlord's expertise I guess.

Mind you, Shippo's has been long gone now

TamH70

MIA
Great British names as well. Makes one proud.

Also makes one wonder if they are yet more of the Mirpuri Diaspora's results.
Do you mean "family trees that don't fork"?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Nottingham, during strict Covid lockdown laws what do you do as an educated sought? That’s right go to a party, what do you do when police knock on the door?
Run out the back? No, mumble sorry officer and give a false name? No.
Climb on the roof and then fall to your death? YES.
Lets hope his mate wasn’t too badly injured and a burden on the NHS.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Nottingham, during strict Covid lockdown laws what do you do as an educated sought? That’s right go to a party, what do you do when police knock on the door?

Nottingham Trent. aka "The Poly"

Thick Student + Drink = Disaster.

Thus proving that you can defy lock down laws, but not the law of gravity.

Sounds like his mate landed on top of him. Rugby players are hard bastards.

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
We played a YOC at Rugby. Afterwards we were hosted in the Warders club. They told us that many of the team (only 2 or 3 Warders played) were in for one-punch murders and manslaughters.
As a member of the Bustards Rugby Team (RSA second team) we had a match at Portland YOC. They were hard and fit.

Bit of a double entry this one, a Darwin Award winner and the Emperor (may we lay prostrate in his glory) may have been involved in this one.

Latest Threads