The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Though I did come close once and got the shit battered out of me for it.
The funnies for minding me of a far distant memory. Glesga, late 40/50's. Back then we'd vanish until it became dark. Mother's, being worried sick about their 'cherubs' having been absent for so long, were rather upset when said cherub appeared, although you wouldn't have thought so by the greetings they gave. "Wher ra furk huv yoo been? Dae rat again an A'll fur king kill yi so A wull." This was normally accompanied by more than one hefty clip around the lug hole to emphasise the mothering instinct. I wonder how today's lot would cope with such loving care? Probably bubble the mother and claim PTSD leading to a massive claim for compensation.

The funnies for minding me of a far distant memory. Glesga, late 40/50's. Back then we'd vanish until it became dark. Mother's, being worried sick about their 'cherubs' having been absent for so long, were rather upset when said cherub appeared, although you wouldn't have thought so by the greetings they gave. "Wher ra furk huv yoo been? Dae rat again an A'll fur king kill yi so A wull." This was normally accompanied by more than one hefty clip around the lug hole to emphasise the mothering instinct. I wonder how today's lot would cope with such loving care? Probably bubble the mother and claim PTSD leading to a massive claim for compensation.
But that was proper parenting!

But that was proper parenting!
The horrible thing was, to a certain degree, back in the day, it worked, as you associated any wrong doing with pain, and you had an unconscious respect for the law of the land. Plod were respected, and feared, as was your dad, because if the local bobby dragged you home by the scruff of the neck, you knew that you would be in a whole world of pain and humiliation, and lessons really would have been learned, the hard way.

My childhood was on the mean streets of the post war bombed east end, and as a snotty nosed kid in the mid fifties, you knew if you stepped out of line, and got caught, ..............:eek:

Bob Upndown

War Hero
Maybe there is a more suitable thread for this but just do 2 things here.

1. Look at this 'Lady' below.

View attachment 589032

2. Then read this and try not to piss yourself laughing after just the 4th paragraph.

“she has a first class honours degree in sports business management” - yep, a shoe-in for sales at the RAH.

Just another pissed up dopey Millennial with fcuk all to her name except a piece of A4 with some embossed b*llocks thinking a free feed and booze at Wimbledon is the HEIGHT of entitlement ‘cos she works at the round gig place. Cnut.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I did that. Once.

I take it the latest crop of dumb ******* didn't have to watch this video like what I had to do at skool?

Must have worked, I'm fifty-one and haven't drowned in a reservoir, dirty pond, or another expanse of dark and lonely water ever since. Though I did come close once and got the shit battered out of me for it.

This film put me off swimming:
1626827172352.png

Last edited:
'The embarrassed man’s mother – who tried to help him – called the emergency services and firemen went to his home in Bangkok, Thailand, on the evening of July 16.'

Should have got Mummy to 'help him out' before he gave himself a Banged-upkok.

Is it just me, or is Bangkok full of sexual deviants?

Has @jarrod248 been?

Latest Threads