The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

St Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall and Dornoch Cathedral are both Church of Scotland and are Cathedrals.
No, they were Cathedrals.

1623226831870.png

The title of city is awarded by the monarch, and always has been, the old chestnut of having to have a cathedral to qualify is just that, boll0cks. Wolverhampton was one of seven given city status by aunt betty in the year 2000. ;)
Indeed, as I posted elsewhere, city status is granted by Royal Charter alone. It does not necessarily have to have a building named 'cathedral', meaning Bishop's seat, being the principal church of the diocese (see York & Hull for example although they do contain the diocesan main church) or even need to have the Bishop's primary seat within its bounds.

Same here. I realised that it had started to go to ratsh1t in the mid 1990's when my kids' nursery school had to put razor wire up on the perimeter walls, and they employed a permanent security presence.

Mid '90s you say...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No, they were Cathedrals.

View attachment 580006
Stacks Image 12

We are a congregation of the Church of Scotland (you can find out more about the Church of Scotland HERE).
The Cathedral is a 13th Century Parish Church set in the heart of the Royal Burgh of Dornoch,

Stacks Image 12

We are a congregation of the Church of Scotland (you can find out more about the Church of Scotland HERE).
The Cathedral is a 13th Century Parish Church set in the heart of the Royal Burgh of Dornoch,
So who is the sitting Bishop?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
A polish geezer sought advice from Emperor Mongski
hey Emperor i need to make money fast

Ah my child steal a shitload of lottery tickets and pick a winner simpleski
the 22 year old Polish idiot stole 591 Lottery cards from a display case inside a shop in Llawa in the Northeast of the Country
not one of the buggers came up trumps
and even funnier the poliski nicked him
and he could get 5 years in Prison for his crime

the 22 year old Polish idiot stole 591 Lottery cards from a display case inside a shop in Llawa in the Northeast of the Country

The good news is ,591 duff cards taken out of circulation, upping the chances for a win on the remaining ones. ;)

Last edited:

bentobox

Old-Salt

Should have taken them back for a refund!

Last edited:
Got our details for G7 confirmed today. Can’t go into deployment details but I’ll be living on the hired Scandinavian ferry liner. I plan on taking a couple of decent books, some downloaded films and a couple of bottles of “old scrotum warmer”. But I suspect the subtle hand of the Lord of Chaos in the planning. “I know, let’s put 1500 coppers, most in their 20s to 40s, together for a week, close the bars etc. What could possibly go wrong?” Knowing what coppers are like it’s going to be a monumental bonkfest. Carry on Cruising for the modern age!

Anybody know if @devexwarrior is on a ventilator yet...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think he said that he's on the cruise liner, not the ferry.

His exact words were Scandinavian ferry liner. Like in the linked story.