The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

NSP

LE
I do wonder if @NSP was on board, as 1 bloke leaped off with alacrity, almost as if he'd practiced the move before.
My first sinking I stepped from the deck to the dock with grace and élan. My second sinking I stepped from the deck into the rescue boat with grace and élan also.

I have only ever leapt from the deck into the sea once in a quarter-century before the mast, when anchored off Malta for the night waiting for a berth in Grand Harbour, when the captain gave permission for swimming. That, too, was executed with grace and élan. And much poise...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My first sinking I stepped from the deck to the dock with grace and élan. My second sinking I stepped from the deck into the rescue boat with grace and élan also.

I have only ever leapt from the deck into the sea once in a quarter-century before the mast, when anchored off Malta for the night waiting for a berth in Grand Harbour, when the captain gave permission for swimming. That, too, was executed with grace and élan. And much porpoise...
Fishily fixed the last word...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I have only ever leapt from the deck into the sea once in a quarter-century before the mast, when anchored off Malta for the night waiting for a berth in Grand Harbour, when the captain gave permission for swimming. That, too, was executed with grace and élan. And much poise...

Eldest Miss F used to get in trouble at Sailing club for her ability to run round the hull of the various dinghies during capsize drills.

The incentive was to avoid the chilly waters of Kirkwall Bay.

Not quite executed with 'grace and elan' here:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Er, a porpoise isn't a fish, it's an aquatic mammal.
I presume a pedant is a land mammal?

Or something that goes round and round on a bicycle but never gets anywhere...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Perhaps a couple of definitions of élan might fit the bill somewhat better ie energy and enthusiasm.

Not quite executed with 'grace and elan' here:

I absolutely have not done the comedy splits between boat and bank in a canal lock on the Thames. And I absolutely did not do it in front of a boat full of Morris dancers on their annual day out. Absolutely not. Because that would’ve been humiliating.

EM (PBUH): My great colonial cousins, take your big, powerful helicopter/nothelicopter thing to a local hospital, land it on their helipad, that is designed for something much smaller, and that creates much less downwash. You'll be fine, those Brits know how to build a helipad.

Bubba the SpecOps Osprey pilot: Sho thang, your Emperorship. For we are a Special Ops unit and our mission, although only training, is of the utmost importance. After all, if it wasn't for us heroic Americans these Limeys would be speaking German now.

EM (PBUH): Go forth, my empowered ones, let loose the gods of downwash.

Bubba: Y'all watch this, these Limeys are going to be so impressed...

EM (PBUH): My great colonial cousins, take your big, powerful helicopter/nothelicopter thing to a local hospital, land it on their helipad, that is designed for something much smaller, and that creates much less downwash. You'll be fine, those Brits know how to build a helipad.

Bubba the SpecOps Osprey pilot: Sho thang, your Emperorship. For we are a Special Ops unit and our mission, although only training, is of the utmost importance. After all, if it wasn't for us heroic Americans these Limeys would be speaking German now.

EM (PBUH): Go forth, my empowered ones, let loose the gods of downwash.

Bubba: Y'all watch this, these Limeys are going to be so impressed...

Oops!

I’m surprised he didn’t abort the takeoff when it started to lift. Christ knows what damage might have been done had the matting re-circulated.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He was also issued with a 22-month driving ban.....
Tracy is a him? Changed days when Tracey was usually a name for the distaff side of the game.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Tracy is a him? Changed days when Tracey was usually a name for the distaff side of the game.
Tracy is a fairly common name for males in the US.

Latest Threads