Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
The influence of the Emperor is strong in this one. I hope it was a good kebab (if there is such a thing when you're sober).

'A dad ignored the lockdown to drive 350 miles with his kids in the car to get a kebab before crashing on the way home.

'The driver, who had no licence or insurance, also had his wife in his vehicle when he crashed on the M5 near Portishead, Bristol.

'He told police they had travelled from Exeter to Coventry to pick up a kebab, and were on their way home when the smash occurred.

'He was fined for various offences, including driving with no licence or insurance, and coronavirus breaches.'

more likely dealing drugs

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The influence of the Emperor is strong in this one. I hope it was a good kebab (if there is such a thing when you're sober).

'A dad ignored the lockdown to drive 350 miles with his kids in the car to get a kebab before crashing on the way home.

'The driver, who had no licence or insurance, also had his wife in his vehicle when he crashed on the M5 near Portishead, Bristol.

'He told police they had travelled from Exeter to Coventry to pick up a kebab, and were on their way home when the smash occurred.

'He was fined for various offences, including driving with no licence or insurance, and coronavirus breaches.'

Another one without insurance!
I'm beginning to wonder if I am the only one using the roads who is stupid enough to actually have paid up-to-date insurance.
And I have a driving licence though most don't seem to bother with such nowadays.

I'm beginning to wonder if I am the only one using the roads who is stupid enough to actually have paid up-to-date insurance.
And I have a driving licence though most don't seem to bother with such nowadays.
I actually got stopped by the police today.
Everything in order.
Tax, insurance, MOT.

"What is the Nature of your Journey" to be fair to him, a very polite plod.

I explained I'm NHS worker, not in work today but picking the wife up from her hospital.
Copper was really decent, had a bit of a chat with him, his Mrs is a nurse as well but a different health board.

They are both bricking it about testing positive.

NSP

LE

He'll have been done for speeding, too, assuming he wanted to be home before his kebab got cold!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I reported a couple of Adidas clad mongs last week
Vauxhall Corsa, an offence in itself
different number plates front and back !
neither of which came up as a corsa
they had to walk home

Last edited:
I reported a couple of Adidas clad mongs last week
Vauxhall Corsa, and offence in itself
different number plates front and back !
neither of which came up as a corsa
they had to walk home
Excellent. There's a mong around here in a Corsa VXR thing drives like a twat everywhere. Only a matter of time before traffic cops get him.

chimera

LE
Excellent. There's a mong around here in a Corsa VXR thing drives like a twat everywhere. Only a matter of time before traffic cops get him.
Corsa's???
You need to move and get yourself a better class of low life, uninsured, noisy, scum.
The diaspora of Asian youth near me, prefer hiring high performance Ferrari, Porsche or Maserati etc, to throw around the crowded streets of Greater Manchester. Somehow, they manage to hire these things on a daily basis from dealers set up for that very reason, yet I've never seen a honkey behind the wheel. They come with the sort of licence/insurance that allows you to defy all existing traffic regulations or common curtesy. Red lights or traffic queues at junctions mean nothing. Mrs Biff still doesn't like it when I laugh like a drain when we hear that one of them has piled in killing all the occupants who are now wiv d angles an Mo. I'm an equal opportunities Chav hater though, I don't think much of the Corsa/Subaru driving scallies either.
It does keep the local florists in business though, which is nice.

Last edited:

chimera

LE

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210122_180526.jpg

His majestic majesty whispers in the guy in the reddish Tee shirts ear that since he's such a weapon handling expert he should demonstrate his skills to his mate:
Not the first time for an ND in this shop, even the staff are prone:

I’m convinced, that in our Great Southern Land, the dipsh1ts I’m sharing the roads with are such selfish mentalities that many of them neither care nor consider the consequences of their deliberate decision to drive after consuming illegal drugs and/or quantities of alcohol which impair their capabilities, and in many instances do so unlicenced, and uninsured. And in numerous instances the chickensh1t judicial systems bends over and lets them off with paltry penalties, due to the miscreants having had difficult upbringings ... and the bludgers then toddle off and continue to offend; 4rse’oles, the lot of ‘em. His Purpleness needs to apply his sulphurous gifts a damn’ sight more liberally in the vicinity of the d1ck’eads!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think the 'rot' set in when we no longer had to display tax disks on vehicles. To get a tax disk one needed insurance and an up to date MoT. Now there is no need to display the tax disk there appears to be a mentality that it is not needed, along with insurance and MoT.

Get back to having to display a tax disk, which can be printed out. If one does not have a computer/printer then people should be able to go to a local government office and have one printed off, for a price.

Just my thoughts and no doubt it would be shot down by the liberals who feel that personal freedom beats social responsibility every time.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think the 'rot' set in when we no longer had to display tax disks on vehicles. To get a tax disk one needed insurance and an up to date MoT. Now there is no need to display the tax disk there appears to be a mentality that it is not needed, along with insurance and MoT.

Get back to having to display a tax disk, which can be printed out. If one does not have a computer/printer then people should be able to go to a local government office and have one printed off, for a price.

Just my thoughts and no doubt it would be shot down by the liberals who feel that personal freedom beats social responsibility every time.
Buy a car, get insurance policy update, buy road tax (because it no longer carries forward on sale). Require that every car old enough to require it be MOTed at point of sale to ensure it's roadworthy enough to drive. The three now synchronise. Insurance company now issues Certificate of Insurance and Schedule of Insurance (as currently) and Tax/ Insurance/ MOT disc to be displayed.

If MOT exemption expires mid-term, disc expires. New disc from insurance company when it's MOTed. Thereafter, tax, insurance and MOT synchronise. With insurance contact phone number on the disc, there's no excuse for non-reporting of accidents.

Edit. In fact, whip out your smartphone, photograph it, details exchanged.

Job done.

Its very simple online to find out the tax and MOT status from the registration.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Its very simple online to find out the tax and MOT status from the registration.

I don't think those involved would bother with that. ANPR doesn't work either, does it?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

I recall an articel questioning the judgement of disposing of Tax Discs
the techno babblers involved came up with all sorts of sums about it saving money

in fact it has lost the Treasury millions, also the rip off that means you lose a months tax when you sell a car, has meant many people leave it as late as possible to dispose of a car or SORN it before sale, or new buyer drive for the rest of the month without bothering, why pay tax for 6 days ???
DVLA have had a fair few of these streamlining operations
they lost 400 million in the first year of operation after stopping paper discs

I recall Log Books having to be re printed twice in a few years, due to some scoundrel knocking out a few hundred thousand for his mates, in London, dead useful when flogging a stolen car

thts what happens when you outsource and dont keep it all in house

as a chap at my last place of employment found when his nice German car was recovered and returned to the rightful owner
he is still a bit touchy about Nigerians and Croydon even now (12K)

In France they have to display a Vignette on the windscreen, this shows the start and stop date of the insurance policey
and the policy number
and the insurance company
I found that useful when a French lady battered my motorbike while talking on the phone
a quick picture of the disc, and one of her reg
claim paid inside 3 weeks
SO many of these Government departments get the big faces with shiny suits and German cars in, and listen to the babble about saving monit and harvesting profit etc
then find the company giving them the sales patter richly reward themselves in so many ways
leaving nothing for a rainy day

I once worked for a family firm that stupidly took the advice of the big faces
2 years down the line a profitable business closed, as older clients fed with the unrealistic charges for small works moved elsewhere
there is a difference between making a profit and a regular basis, and getting regular work from clients
and charging silly money and paying commisions to advisors
one client was charged 1200 quid for a days work ?
I know exactly what was carried out because I was the sparks doing it,
most other firms charged about 450 for the same job
One unhappy French bird
( she was talking in the phone and reversed into me)
accident in france 3.tif.jpg

Latest Threads