Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emperor Mongs Pronouncements

This is the sort of thing theyput up on their Twitter feed. Interestingly enough I know that stretch of road and have put two clips of people doing exactly the same in.
I know that stretch too, I have seen many people do it, but haven't been down since the dash cams were fitted.

A lot to do with dashcam footage from annoyed drivers tbh.
Nothing to do with the high mortality rate for the high proportion who ride like idiots?

This is the sort of thing theyput up on their Twitter feed. Interestingly enough I know that stretch of road and have put two clips of people doing exactly the same in.
“... her remorse”, bolleaux! That’ll have lasted until next time she needed to exercise her (self-)entitlement, in some other d1ckhead’s car she’s borrowed. The judge could do with some reality realignment also, pillock! My great fear in my little Antipodean paradise is that the majority of “drivers” on our roads are not licenced and consequently uninsured, and don’t give a rat’s4rse about anyone else, anyway.

I know a few guys who ride bikes, 30,40,50mph limit you stick to it... Open road ride to your ability.
They've all agreed that going over solid whites is a massive No Go.. A lot to do with dashcam footage from annoyed drivers tbh.
I met a few of those annoyed drivers. Double white, road wide enough for them to drive near edge, letting me pass. Nope, move onto white so I can't get by. Never tried, just thought cupid selfish stunts.

I met a few of those annoyed drivers. Double white, road wide enough for them to drive near edge, letting me pass. Nope, move onto white so I can't get by. Never tried, just thought cupid selfish stunts.

Drop a cog, move back and left. When they swerve left to block you, pin it and overtake inside the lines.

Unless you're on one of those agricultural slugs which has a volume control instead of a throttle, obvs.

Drop a cog, move back and left. When they swerve left to block you, pin it and overtake inside the lines.

Unless you're on one of those agricultural slugs which has a volume control instead of a throttle, obvs.

Ah, yes - you must be of the breed that never accelerates but always insist that you ' . . .gave it a handful . . .'.

I, on the other hand, sit upright and proceed at a Gentleman's pace, my 1100ccs growling away like a contented Silverback :cool:

. . . truth be told it has been some years since I got my knee down - and I dare not now as I'd never recover it *sigh*

Ah, yes - you must be of the breed that never accelerates but always insist that you ' . . .gave it a handful . . .'.

I, on the other hand, sit upright and proceed at a Gentleman's pace, my 1100ccs growling away like a contented Silverback :cool:

. . . truth be told it has been some years since I got my knee down - and I dare not now as I'd never recover it *sigh*
Big G has got his knee down on occasion.

Closely followed by his arse, face and the rest of his bike.

Hey, it's OK to go slow if you're too scared, gramps. No-one's judging you.

Honest.

Got lucky once. I knew this road well, a short straight bit before the next bend started. I drops down ready for the straight, and opens up. Trouble was so did matey. Nae probs, open a tad more and away I go. Moto Morini 500, could move, and held the road like glue. I'm now in front nearside of road, ready to hang a right. Imagine my surprise when the front wheel goes, and I'm sliding down the road screaming,(well in my heid anyway) "Ma bike. Ma bike." Picks myself up, feel to make sure no broken bones. Matey rushes up garbling about calling an ambulance, and gets short shift from me. I checked why I came off. Turns out there were two pieces of mud on road. Wheel gave a slight wobble on the first bit, a tad more on the second bit. Not complaining though, coming off at 40/50 going round a bend, and picking myself up unscathed, result.

ETA Mong. Changed last word from rest.

Last edited:
Hey, it's OK to go slow if you're too scared, gramps. No-one's judging you.

Honest.

Judge away, tuppence. Judge away.

I'm more than content to listen to you happily strip cogs from precision engineering as a testament to an inability to judge speed and distance.

. . . meanwhile, I and my elderly Murrcan colleagues will continue, periodically, to snarl up every Interstate, US Hwy and State Road for 1300 miles annually:

My lump of Milwaukee Iron hired for an American Legion 'Legacy Run' a couple of years ago, just outside Buttfuck TX:

2013-08-20 16.18.00.jpg

And some of the company:

2013-08-22 13.50.48.jpg

Couldn't quite squeeze in the other 300 :cool:

Judge away, tuppence. Judge away.

I'm more than content to listen to you happily strip cogs from precision engineering as a testament to an inability to judge speed and distance.

. . . meanwhile, I and my elderly Murrcan colleagues will continue, periodically, to snarl up every Interstate, US Hwy and State Road for 1300 miles annually:

My lump of Milwaukee Iron hired for an American Legion 'Legacy Run' a couple of years ago, just outside Buttfuck TX:

View attachment 525607

And some of the company:

View attachment 525608

Couldn't quite squeeze in the other 300 :cool:

Even your camera has cataracts.

No wonder you have to take it so easy.

Most definitely NOT being selfish.

A continuous line as part of a double white line system means no overtaking except to pass a stationary vehicle, or a road maintenance vehicle, cyclist or horse travelling at less than 10mph. There are other times when you can pass over or straddle the line but they're not applicable to overtaking just to get past a vehicle travelling a bit slower than you.

If there is more than one lane in the direction you are travelling to the left of the continuous line then you may overtake.

Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016, Schedule 9, Part 7, Paragraph 9 refers.

Last edited: