Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Elon Musk and the cave rescue fallout NAAFI thread

you ******* dull ****.
tumblr_lyqt5cAy851qh9y1k.gif

When I heard of Musk turning up to help out with his submarine, I was reminded of when Gazza turned up to help Raul Moat. I wonder if this is the end.

You wonder if Musk has ever set foot in a cave.

Meanwhile...

"Elon Musk calls British diver who helped rescue Thai schoolboys 'pedo guy' in Twitter outburst."

I presume that this is what has prompted this thread, then...?

I hope the bloke sue's Musk to death, the narcissistic tosser

Unless he is in Thailand for more that the culture and food?

Is this thread about your man Musk getting a honk on because no-one took his idea of using a submarine (or something similar) in the rescue of the young lads in Northern Thailand?

I also mind reading somewhere his mentioning that one of the lead Brit cave-divers, who lives in Thailand and has explored those very caves many times, wasn't present at the scene. It all smacks of petty small-mindedness to me, but then again, I never saw Aunt Betty when I had a butcher's at Buck Palace, even though the flag was flying.

I think your man Musk was highly pissed off that (a) no-one took his zany idea seriously and (b) he wasn't feted in the way he's come to expect. No surprise there, really, since you can hardly expect Thai folks to know about some Septic who thinks he's god's gift to humankind.

MsG
I give it about 6 weeks, maybe a couple of months before you're claiming it as you that rescued them all single handed.

You wonder if Musk has ever set foot in a cave.

I hope the bloke sue's Musk to death, the narcissistic tosser

Unless he is in Thailand for more that the culture and food?

Precisely what the legal vultures will be assessing but truth doesn't tend to matter in such cases. All about how much PR grief you can cause before somebody pays you off.

Hear that distant rumble?

It is the sound of a herd of no win no fee American defamation lawyers stampeding towards the airport for next flight to Thailand.

Musk has been pretty erratic of late but really seems to be losing the plot now.

To appear in the Thai courts you need to be a member of the Thai Bar Association. To be a member of the TBA you need to be of Thai nationality.

To appear in the Thai courts you need to be a member of the Thai Bar Association. To be a member of the TBA you need to be of Thai nationality.

They will be looking to get any local judgement enforced in the US, which means asking the local court to apply US legal standards to their judgement.

Civil litigation for foreign claiments in a foreign court worthless of itself: need a US court judgement to enforce collection.

Otherwise build a case for the US courts (difficult but not impossible) and bake as much noise in the process as possible.

Or more likely do both.

Anyway Saint Elon of Musk has a bigger problem, that being the shareholders and bondholders are increasingly wary of pouring yet more money into a company that appears to be in the thrall of a founder who seems prone to ill considered outbursts and stunts, which the world over has historically has been seen as indicative of weapons grade bullshit at best and all too often a corporate disaster in progress.

Last edited:
They will be looking to get any local judgement enforced in the US

Civil litigation for foreign claiments in a foreign court worthless of itself: need a US court judgement to enforce collection
Presumably the plaintiff would be more interested in the libel being heard in the British courts, what with him being British and the British courts being particularly strict when applying our rather strict libel laws?

In the US it'd be "I deleted it. First amendment rights. Etc."

One of the replies on Twatter was quite good - "He [Musk] didn’t just call the British rescuer in Thailand a paedophile. He called him a paedophile because he couldn’t imagine another reason for a white guy to be in Thailand. Which is a false assumption. Sometimes white guys visit Thailand to show off their useless submarines. "

Oh-oh - just popped up on Google, posted half an hour ago, give or take:- British cave diver considering legal action over Elon Musk's 'pedo' attack