The Elon Musk and the cave rescue fallout NAAFI thread

I don't think where he said it matters as much as where the damage was done. If Unsworth is a UK national then the UK seems appropriate.

Since we're doing asides. Wasn't Musk's gizmo cobbled together from bits of his rockets?
Admirable sentiment on the face of it, but why put it in the public domain? It always had the risk of being embarrassing when it was pointed out to him it was a none starter...

not bendy;
loads more buoyancy needing loads more ballast;
difficulty in accessing the occupant, say to bung them alternate breathing apparatus if things start to go tits up;
if the current killed a solo diver what chance shoving a gurt big shiny suppository against it?

Last edited:
It sounds like he's becoming a bit of a Branson, and will appear anywhere for a bit of publicity

Perhaps he thought appearing in Thailand as a SJW would appeal to the kind of people who will buy his cars

Hence why he was annoyed when he was knocked back, if he couldn't appear to help it makes it harder to virtue signal about it and could hurt his right on image

You wonder if Musk has ever set foot in a cave.

I hope the bloke sue's Musk to death, the narcissistic tosser

Unless he is in Thailand for more that the culture and food?
Same thing in their world?

On reflection, no, this is going nothing like I thought it would. What we seem to have stumbled upon here is a topic which (@Deserter excepting) everyone agrees on, to the extent that @DaManBugs has posted the most sensible points I have seen him make in many years, and which have gained him a multitude of well-deserved "likes". I am glad now that I didn't @summon him with the rest, whilst at the same time dismissing him with a cheap and not very funny jibe about him not speaking Thailandish only Outlandish. For the benefit of those who have him on ignore, these are his posts with enough metadata removed so that all can read them (apart from those who have me on ignore, that is).

13 likes to date.

5 likes so far.

Even @Bravo_Bravo is singing off the same hymn sheet.
You DICKHEAD.

You should be more concerned about how to keep your lovely roses alive, rather than shouting at people on the internet.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

It's a face you'd never tire of punching.........
hes a very strange chap, very dynamic and forward thinking and not afraid of trying new ideas and technology, but like so many people of ultra high intelligence he is not good at dealing with other people and communicating
probably why his marriage did not last, reports from his company say he is very driven and focused on the product, but does not really have a life outside work, in many ways he reminds me of Henry Ford, he had the same problems in his life

Is that the artist formerly known as Spider? Would explain a lot.
I think it is. But then again, if it was him, he'd know exactly what to do with his lawns and shrubbery, wouldn't he?

I think it is. But then again, if it was him, he'd know exactly what to do with his lawns and shrubbery, wouldn't he?
This must be some sort of internet law: on any thread there must be at least one bellend arguing with everyone and Spidey has stepped up to the mark. I'm surprised he hasn't claimed the caves were as flat as the Falklands and the boys could have just walked out.

Hear that distant rumble?

It is the sound of a herd of no win no fee American defamation lawyers stampeding towards the airport for next flight to Thailand.

Musk has been pretty erratic of late but really seems to be losing the plot now.
The Times today reported that, although the Brit diver in question has not sought legal advice, several UK and US lawyers had been in touch to offer advice. I bet they bloody have!

several UK and US lawyers had been in touch to offer advice. I bet they bloody have!
Are they interested in the cuisine and scenery as well?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Is that the artist formerly known as Spider? Would explain a lot.
i would say so. Previous comments refer to "instinctive intelligence" which was a catchphrase of Spiders/CokeMachine et al.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
He knew very well that he had no choice, really. But it's interesting that your man Musk said in his tweet that Vernon Unsworth had suggested he (Musk) should stick his torpedo thingy "where it hurts". That could've been up his nose, in his ear, down his throat, but Musk decided to put a sexual slant on it. Hmm. It might be that his old man, Musk Sr knocking up his step-daughter made your man Musk see sex in everything; which may also be why he (Musk Jr) has been married four times.

I'm just wondering if the fact that he retracted the tweet(s) and apoligised absolves him of any culpability now. He can't deny what he stated, for it was seen by about a billion folks, so what's the legal standing on that? Anyone know?

MsG