the elite squad

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by optimus-prime, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anybody seen this film, I watched it a few weeks ago, its based in Brazil (Rio De Janeiro) about their elite police squad (BOPE).
    They go into the slums to keep order againt drug trafficking militias and to stop gangwarfare. But keeping order has its price, alot of the police are corrupt so BOPE only work alone.
    It shows two recruits going throw their selection and training, basically one of the commanders is retiring so out of these two new recruits he is looking for his replacement, one is very quick to pull the trigger while the other is more methodical and realistic.
    BOPE are a very elite police force and when they go into the slums they are ruthless, use extreme force and are very feared by the militia, its a very good film but its in subtitles.

2. Interesting. Havent seen it. But when Mendes got topped in London I wrote to a mate of mine in Brazil and apologised to him for the utter incompetence of our police. He replied not to worry, the Brazilian polce apparently knock off around 18,000 a year.

3. I think the original title is Tropa de Elite. A movie I originally downloaded (for evaluation purposes only) - and after seeing it 3x in 7 days, bought the DVD. The original subtitles were better than the mass produced versions but overall, one of the best films I've ever seen. Very realistic of the stuff that goes on in the back alleys and slums of Rio de Janiero.

Definitely have a look if you get the chance.

4. Have'nt seen the film, but BOPE are Nails. They patrol the Favelas in APC's armed with 50. hmg's, and do not hesitate to use them. IIRC, the BOPE operators kill around 200 people every year, on average. 8O

5. Yer and I bet they don't pay as much compo as the MET

6. CO19: "Armed Police! Stand still!!"

BOPE: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!..."Halt!" :twisted:

7. You pathetic apologistic excuse for a man. You're no better than those limp wristers who apologise for the slave trade 300 years ago.

8. Why would anyone apologies for that? We paid what seemed to be a fair price at that time for the merchandise. Don't tell me it took them 300 years to feel ripped off.