The Earth Is Flat (according to these fools)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by [][][][], Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daz

daz LE

Hummmmmmm, I wonder if SLRboy is a member, after all he swallows any old shite that's being pedaled :thumright:

daz

2. I suppose it is a question of perception really. As some famous bloke once commented (I cannot recall who) that it is as logical to ask 'what time does the station arrive at the train' as it is to ask 'what time does the train arrive at the station'....

3. Jeez is that for real? it's got to be a pishtake surely? this geezer Bullhorn calling everyone brother and meditating all the time, surely these muppets dont really believe the earth is flat!!

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

5. What a completely strange, wibblehead site.

Apparently the sun rise/set is just an optical illusion.
    NASA started the whole conspiracy, for money no less.
    So was Christopher Columbus a part of the conspiracy too?

What a complete load of shite.

6. Not only flat but standing on the back of 4 elephants which stand on the
    back of a giant turtle.

7. Now I feel so cheap for believing it all along.

8. One thing is for certain: if Bliar or any of his disgraceful mob of thieves and con-men told me the world was round, I would KNOW FOR CERTAIN that it was flat!

9. A small but significant splinter group with the Corps of Royal Engineers believe just that. Indeed, their motto is
    "The Earth is Flat, We're Sure of That"

These blurks are otherwise known as Surveyors. And other names of course, but they do fly a mean level, in nearly all weathers.

10. No complaints here.

Couldn't get any flatter if it tried.

11. So when my train is late, it really means that the station was early?.

12. The international standard of flatness is "opticaly flat".
    Because the Earth is so big, its surface is actualy measurable as "opticaly flat", therefore for scientific purposes, it is flat.
    Besides, everyone knows that the Earth is in fact hollow, and there is a giant hole in Antarctica where the aliens fly their spaceships in.

13. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Odd how Great A'Tuin never features in serious scientific debate, i mean, the question must be answered, boy or girl?

14. Two words. Foucault's Pendulum.