• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The Dutch rip off Amarillo!

The sub-sea level world of Holland has decided to do its own version of that British Army Classic "The Way to Amarillo".

How could they?

Apparently it's not even that good!

Admittedly I haven't seen it yet cos I can't stream video at work, but the mere concept that Amarillo could be copied has incensed me. I'm sure that when I get home and view it my incandescent rage will spill over and put fear into the hearts of the neighbours.

So, here it is - ga effah kèkah*: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=dutchamarillo

*that's Haags, by the way.

G

Goku

It’s boring, a skinny Dutch chap instead of a fat Brit.
They’ve tried to copy our Amarillo exactly.

Give 'em an "A" for effort, but otherwise it's not a patch on the original, which was genuinely inspired!
But the word is that the Cabinet are also going to make a version. They're just argueing about who should sing lead - Phoney Tony or Gordy "pull-in-your-bottom-lip-every-time-you-take-a-breath" Brown. Just to make sure nobody's tempted to watch it a second time, they're going to flash a picture of Anne Widdecombe on the screen at the end.

MsG

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ?

Maybe so, but a second-rate p1ss-poor rip off is just bo11ocks !

Can't wait until I see these cloggies next weekend - they will hear about this...

Bugsy7 said:
Give 'em an "A" for effort, but otherwise it's not a patch on the original, which was genuinely inspired!
MsG
I'm not sure it was "genuinely inspired", as I've seen a similar type of performance (looks like Danes from the badges) titled "Kosovo", and taking off an 80's/90's boy band record (it's familiar, but I can't remember the original song).

I've tried to attach the clip, but failed a couple of times. I think I may even have got it via ARRSE in the first place. Not wanting to deride the Armadillo clip, as it is excellent stuff, and I honestly don't know what came first.

out@last said:
Bugsy7 said:
MsG
I'm not sure it was "genuinely inspired", as I've seen a similar type of performance (looks like Danes from the badges) titled "Kosovo", and taking off an 80's/90's boy band record (it's familiar, but I can't remember the original song).

I've tried to attach the clip, but failed a couple of times. I think I may even have got it via ARRSE in the first place. Not wanting to deride the Armadillo clip, as it is excellent stuff, and I honestly don't know what came first.
Doh!

At the risk of having my ISP ban me forever this time, I have the above mentioned clip, and it is currently hosted on my ftp site (this is a bad idea Ghostie :lol:)

For those of you with WinRAR, the compressed file can be downloaded here
Those who prefer BitTorrent can use this link

Please, if at all possible, use one of the above links. If all else fails, the Windows Media Player file is here.

Ghostie reserves the right to remove these url's if his server crashes again!!

Ghost.

out@last said:
Bugsy7 said:
MsG

thekosovo one was pretty good, a take off of the beach boys hit kokomo

*wanders off muttering 80s boy band indeed!*

Latest Threads